Gastritis is characterized by a set of conditions that cause inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach, for a short or long time. Upper abdominal pain or discomfort is the most common symptom of Gastritis. There are two forms of gastritis, a brief and sudden illness, acute gastritis occurs suddenly, which involves sudden and severe inflammation; and chronic gastritis which develops slowly may last for years due to long-term inflammation. An upset stomach following the consumption of alchohol or certain medications is one of the common examples of acute gastritis. There are various causes of gastritis but one of the most common causes is Helicobacter pylori, a kind of bacterium that infects the lining of the stomach. If left untreated, gastritis caused by Helicobacter pylori can lead to ulcers and stomach cancer. Though foods which cause gastritis are different from person to person and may not always be consistent with the severity of the disease , spicy, fatty and fried foods are commonly avoided to set off symptoms of gastritis. Bleeding inside the stomach occurs in a case of severe gastritis. Other causes of gastritis include autoimmune disorders, digestive disorders and stress caused by severe injury. Various symptoms associated with gastritis are as follows:
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Loss of appetite
- Black and tarry stool
- Feeling of fullness
GASTRITIS MARKET SEGMENTATION
Based on diagnosis, the gastritis market can be segmented as follows:
- pyroli test: This test is used to determine the presence of bacterium H. pyroli
- Blood test: Red blood cell count is checked to determine whether an individual has anemia or not
- Endoscopy: A thin with a tiny camera (endoscope) is inserted into one’s stomach to check for inflammation
- X-ray of upper digestive system: X-ray creates images of esophagus, stomach and small intestine and is used to diagnose abnormalities.
Browse full report on Gastritis Market –
Based on treatments, the gastritis market can be segmented as follows:
- Acid blocking medications: Proton pump inhibitors such as omeprazole (Prilosec), lansoprazole (Prevacid) and esomeprazole (Nexium) block cells that form stomach acid.
- Acid reducing medications: Histamine (H-2) blockers (acid blockers) such as ranitidine (Zantac) and famotidine (Pepcid) reduces the amount of acid released into the digestive tract
- Antacids: Antacids act as a neutralizing agent for the stomach and provide rapid relief from gastritis pain
- Antibiotics: Combination of antibiotics such as clarithromycin (Biaxin) and metronidazole (Flagyl) are used to kill the bacterium H.pyroli and thereby aids in the treatment of gastritis
Based on geography, the gastritis market can be segmented into four major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). Out of all, North America dominates the gastritis market followed by Europe. The prime factors that are driving the growth of the market in these regions are high prevalence of gastritis and increasing unhealthy lifestyles of the population. According to a published survey, the prevalence rate of gastritis is approximately 1 in 100 in the US. Asia Pacific is the most lucrative market for the growth of gastritis market and is developing at an extremely rapid pace. The factors which would augment the growth of the market in Asia Pacific region are increasing rate of various viral and autoimmune diseases, rapid spread of infection from one person to another and development of various sophisticated therapeutic tools for gastritis. Furthermore, other benefits such as favorable taxation policy and reimbursement scenario, and easy market penetration in developing countries such as China, India, and Malaysia would also fuel the growth of the gastritis market in the coming years.
Presently, the gastritis market is fragmented and various companies are developing therapeutic drugs for the treatment of gastritis.
Gastritis Market Key Players
Some of the top players operating in the gastritis market are AstraZeneca PLC, Novartis AG, Zydus Cadila Healthcare Limited, PT Otsuka Indonesia and others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
Request for brochure of this report –
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information. Our business offerings represent the latest and the most reliable information indispensable for businesses to sustain a competitive edge.
Each TMR syndicated research report covers a different sector – such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy, food & beverages, semiconductors, med-devices, consumer goods and technology. These reports provide in-depth analysis and deep segmentation to possible micro levels. With wider scope and stratified research methodology, TMR’s syndicated reports strive to provide clients to serve their overall research requirement.
US Office Contact
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453