Deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery is carried out as part of treatment of various neural debilitating conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease. Patients fitted with a deep brain stimulation device can get long-term relief from debilitating symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. There is significant reduction in side-effects caused due to medications, though medications may be required in some patient post-surgery. The DBS device is mainly placed in one of the three FDA approved target sites in Parkinson’s disease. Most commonly preferred target sites are the Globus Pallidus Interna (GPi) and Subthalamic Nucleus (STN).
Request for Free Report Sample for more Professional and Technical Insights,
Aging increases the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and dementia. Thus, growing geriatric population is a major factor driving demand for deep brain stimulation devices. Though drug therapies are available for treating these diseases, surgical procedures are recommended in later stages of the condition. Furthermore, deep brain stimulation devices reduce the side effects and improves patient condition by reducing incidence of tremors. Patients are inclined towards adoption of minimally invasive procedures, as these require low healing time and leave behind minimal scars. Surgeons too prefer such procedures as it significantly reduces risk element from accidental damage to surrounding tissue. This is another factor fueling demand for deep brain stimulation devices globally. However, as these devices need to be implanted in the brain, it is extremely challenging and in turn reduces acceptance of DBS devices among patients.
This report segments the global deep brain stimulation devices market on the basis of application and geography. Applications of deep brain stimulation devices are Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor, dystonia, and others. For comprehensive understanding of market dynamics, the global market has been divided into key geographical regions, namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, and Middle East. Each of these regions is further segmented on the basis of major countries for a macro-level understanding of the market.
Ask for a Discount on Customization @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-customization/84
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the deep brain stimulation devices and provides market size (US$ Million) and Cumulative Annual Growth Rate (CAGR (%)) for the forecast period: 2016 – 2024, considering 2015 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approval, regional outlook, and competitive strategy adopted by the leading players
- It profiles leading players in the global deep brain stimulation devices market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments and strategies and future plans
- Key companies covered as a part of this study include Aleva Neurotherapeutics SA, Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic, Inc., St. Jude Medical, Inc., Cyberonics, Inc., and Neuronetics
- Insights from this report will allow marketers and the management authorities of companies to make informed decision with respect to their future product launch, technology upgrades, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global deep brain stimulation devices market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry, including investors, device manufacturers, distributors, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Various strategy matrices used in analyzing the deep brain stimulation devices market would provide stakeholders vital inputs to make strategic decisions accordingly
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Coherent Market Insights
1001 4th Ave,
Seattle, WA 98154