Global ethylene capacity is poised to see considerable growth over the next 10 years, potentially increasing from 171.12 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) in 2015 to 235.11 mtpa in 2025. Around 89 planned projects are slated to come online in the next 10 years, primarily in the US and China.
- The US has 20 planned ethylene projects, adding capacity of about 16.94 mtpa by 2025. The US capital expenditure (capex) for these projects is US$15.87 billion by 2025. Major capacity additions will be from Exxon Mobil Corporation and Formosa Plastics Group.
- China has 29 planned ethylene projects adding capacity of about 11.72 mtpa by 2025. Capex for these projects totals US$9.82 billion over the next 10 years. Major capacity additions will be from China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation and Zhejiang Rongsheng Holding Group Co., Ltd.
- In the Middle East, Iran has six planned ethylene projects, adding capacity of about 5.20 mtpa in the coming years, and plans to spend US$3.25 billion over the next 10 years. Sepehr Energy Corporation is the top company accounting for the major capacity additions in Iran.
- In Former Soviet Union, the majority of capacity additions are in Russia, with planned capacity additions of about 9.13 mtpa by 2025. Capex for these projects totals US$27.89 billion by 2025. Sibur Holding is the top company accounting for the major capacity additions in Russia.
- In Africa, ethylene capacity additions are in Egypt, with planned capacity additions of about 1.89 mtpa by 2025. Capex for these projects totals US$1.85 billion in the coming years. In Europe, Norway plans to spend US$0.01 billion to add capacity of about 0.05 mtpa, expected onstream by 2016.
- In South America, Venezuela and Bolivia together plan to spend US$0.72 billion in the coming years to add the capacity of 0.80 mtpa, expected to come onstream by 2023.
Report provides information and insight on –
– Historic and forecast global Ethylene capacity by region
– Ethylene planned plants details
– Global Ethylene capacity by feedstock
– Capacity share of the major Ethylene producers in the world
– Global Ethylene capital expenditure forecast by region
Reasons to buy
The report will clarify –
– Understand the key trends in the global Ethylene industry
– Understand the regional Ethylene supply scenario
– Identify opportunities in the global Ethylene industry with the help of upcoming projects and capital expenditure forecast
– Understand the current and likely future competitive scenario
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 3
1.2 List of Figures 4
2 Global Ethylene Industry 5
2.1 Key Highlights 5
2.2 New Project Announcements 6
2.3 New Project Cancellations 6
2.4 Planned Ethylene Projects in the World 18
3 Appendix 31
3.1 Definitions 31
3.1.1 Installed Capacity 31
3.1.2 Key Feedstock 31
3.2 Abbreviations 31
3.3 GlobalData’s Research Methodology 31
3.3.1 Coverage 31
3.3.2 Secondary Research 32
3.3.3 Primary Research 33
3.3.4 Expert Panel Validation 33
3.4 Disclaimer 34
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch: