Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) is a chronic immune-mediated arthritis typically affecting the large joints, especially those of the lower extremities and distal joints of the fingers and toes as well as the back and sacroiliac joints of the pelvis. In approximately 80% of PsA patients, skin lesions of psoriasis (PsO), an immune-mediated skin disease, manifest prior to the development of PsA, typically by five to 10 years. PsA most commonly develops between the ages of 30 and 50 and affects men and women equally. Although, early diagnosis and intervention are key in preventing irreversible joint damage, many PsA patients are undiagnosed and go untreated for months or years.
GlobalData projects the PsA market in 7MM to experience strong growth during the forecast period at a CAGR of 10.74%. By the forecast’s end in 2025, sales will increase to over $12.58 billion from $4.53 billion in 2015. This growth will be driven primarily by the increase in diagnosed prevalent cases from 1,044,022 in 2015 to 1,520,471 in 2025. Further, the launch of the IL-17 inhibitors, including Novartis’ Cosentyx, Eli Lilly’s Taltz, and AstraZeneca’s Lumicef, as well as the launch of Celgene’s oral therapy Otezla, will expand the treatment armamentarium for PsA driving growth in the market.
Browse the complete report at http://www.orbisresearch.com/reports/index/pharmapoint-psoriatic-arthritis-global-drug-forecast-and-market-analysis-to-2025 .
Key Questions Answered
– How large an impact will biosimilars have on the PsA market? What do dermatologists, rheumatologists, and key opinion leaders across the 7MM think about the evolving treatment landscape?
– What opportunities remain in the market for new product entrants?
– What are the most promising late-stage pipeline drugs and how will their launch shape the future treatment landscape in the PsA market?
– According to KOLs, what are the most important unmet needs in PsA? Will these needs be addressed by pipeline agents? What needs will remain by the end of the forecast period in 2025?
– What clinical and commercial factors are likely to affect uptake of PsA therapies in the US, 5EU, and Japan?
– The PsA market is currently very dynamic, with effective biologic therapies recently approved, including interleukin-17 (IL-17) inhibitors – Cosentyx, Taltz, and Lumicef – and oral phosphodiesterase-4 (PDE4) – Otezla.
– Novel biologic therapies will challenge the current anti-TNF biologics in an attempt to dislodge their stronghold, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market.
– The impending patent cliff for biologics will allow for the emergence of biosimilars to all the marketed biologic brands. Patent expiries take place during the forecast period for the current market leaders such as Johnson & Johnson’s Remicade (infliximab), AbbVie’s Humira (adalimumab), Amgen’s Enbrel (etanercept) and Johnson & Johnson’s Stelara (ustekinumab).
– The drivers for market growth will include the increasing diagnosis rate as well as the recent approval of novel therapies. The main challenge for individual drugs will be to distinguish themselves in a crowded marketplace, comprising a highly diversified field of therapies, with existing drugs struggling to increase their patient share.
Request a sample of this report at http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/212361 .
– Overview of PsA, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms and country-specific diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
– Annualized PsA market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2015 and forecast for ten years to 2025.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, and implications for the PsA market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of novel products- including promising IL-17 inhibitors – and biosimilars – such as Celltrion’s Hospira, Sandoz’s Erelzi, Biogen/Samsung Bioepies’ Flixabi and Benepali, and Amgen’s Amjevita.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global PsA market (7MM). Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.