Point-of-care testing (POCT), as known as bedside/near-patient testing is one of the most rapidly growing areas in IVD. Systems that are categorized as POC include the following –
• Disposable systems or devices, which vary from reagent test strips for a single analyte to multi-analyte reagent strips
• Small analyzers, usually hand-held devices
• Desktop analyzers are larger and include systems designed for use in clinics or small laboratories.
POCT may be performed in a variety of locations such as in secondary care including emergency departments, ambulance service, hospital wards, and intensive treatment units; and increasingly in the community and primary care including general practice (GP), health and community centers.
• $2 billion in annual global sales and growth rate of 5.3% during the forecast period; the emerging markets: China, India and Brazil, are expected to show the fastest growth.
• A number of factors, such as the increasing prevalence of infectious diseases in developing countries, the rising incidences of lifestyle diseases such as cardiac diseases and diabetes, the rising usage of home-based POC devices, expansion of test menu, and advancements in molecular testing and lab-on-chip technology are stimulating the demand for POC testing.
• The rate of POC testing adoption will be moderated by the requirement for regulatory compliance, the pressure to control cost, and the need to demonstrate clear clinical-cost benefits of POC testing over central laboratory testing.
Browse Full Research Report With TOC on:
Key Questions Answered:
• What is the current and future POC diagnostics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global market?
• What is the competitive landscape and market share of major players in the POC space across different regions?
• What are the key, high growth markets that IVD manufacturers should expand into? Which market segments are growing the fastest?
• What are the unmet needs with the POC tests currently on the market? How will emerging technologies such as molecular POC assays fulfil these unmet needs?
• What are the key factors influencing a physician to use POC tests? What is physician perception and market outlook of POC devices?
• What are the challenges and barriers that have hindered widespread adoption of POC devices?
• Competitive assessment: Currently marketed POC products and evolving competitive landscape
• In-depth analysis of unmet needs and adoption trends of different POC devices
• Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications
• Pipeline analysis: Emerging products and technologies.
• Annualized total POC diagnostics market revenue by segment and market outlooks by country from 2012-2021.
• Other key topics covered include strategic competitive assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, market dynamics, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
Request A Sample Copy Of This Report at:
Reasons To Buy:
• Develop and design you’re in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline
• Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global market
• Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global market in the future
• Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors
• Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage
• Track device sales in the global market from 2012-2021
• Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships
Related reports by Radiant Insights:
Diagnostic Catheters Market-
Teeth Cleaning Machine Market-
About Radiant Insights,Inc
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. We assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. We have a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, our experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Radiant Insights, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519