The operating room (OR) equipment market, as defined for this report, comprises OR tables, OR lights, and surgical boom units. OR tables, absolute requirements in any functioning hospital that provides surgical services, occupy a large portion of the global OR equipment business. The OR tables sector can broadly be divided into manual and powered categories. The adoption of manual tables is dwindling outside of emerging markets. On the other hand, the use of powered tables continues to expand across the globe. Novel technologies, such as modular and integrated operating tables, are on the rise. In the surgical lighting business, halogen lights are only well-adopted in developing markets. Longer-lasting and safer light-emitting diode (LED) OR lights have become standard throughout developed economies. The expansion of the surgical boom space is not quite as robust. Cost and cumbersome maintenance concerns are hindering strong growth of the OR supply boom business.
Key Players in the Global Operating Room Market
Maquet Getinge, Steris, and Stryker are the key players in the international OR equipment space. These companies have maintained success by making important acquisitions, establishing beneficial partnerships, and providing a comprehensive portfolio of prominent brands to their customers. Other international manufacturers, such as Hill-Rom, Skytron, and Dräger, have also played an impactful role in the business. In addition, small, local firms marketing cost-friendly OR equipment options have thrived in emerging markets.
Global Market Future Outlook
Research expects the global OR equipment market to steadily flourish to address rising volumes of surgeries in various specialties. Emerging markets, such as China, India, and Brazil, are expected to see especially high growth. In developed markets, the expansion of laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery, and the increasing integration of OR equipment will continue to fuel market expansion. However, high costs, surgeon preference, and burdensome maintenance issues prevent wider adoption in some markets.
– Emerging economies are seeing the highest growth in the global OR equipment market.
– OR tables make up the largest portion of the OR equipment market as defined in our taxonomy
– The most successful firms involved are providing comprehensive portfolios, undertaking key M&A’s, fostering innovation, and wisely offering cost-saving bundling contracts to hospitals.
– Rising numbers of different surgical procedures are the primary drivers of the OR equipment market. Despite respectable adoption, unmet needs and non-clinical barriers remain a challenge.
– Overview of the major brands of OR tables, OR lights, and surgical booms in the market
– Annualized total market revenue by segment and market outlooks by country through 2023
– Key topics covered include strategic competitive assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, evaluating market access, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, barriers and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track device sales in the global and country-specific markets from 2014-2023.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 4
1.1 List of Tables 7
1.2 List of Figures 9
2 Introduction 10
2.1 Related Reports 10
3 Market Access 11
3.1 Regulatory Issues 11
3.2 Mergers, Acquisitions, and Key Partnerships 11
3.2.1 Hill-Rom and Trumpf 11
3.2.2 Stryker and Berchtold 12
3.2.3 Trumpf (Hill-Rom) and Intuitive Surgical 12
4 Unmet Needs 13
4.1 Overview 13
4.2 Minimizing Contact in the Operating Room 13
4.3 Modular Operating Room Tables 13
4.4 Safety and Maintenance 14
4.5 Balancing Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile and Stationary Operating Tables 15
5 Competitive Assessment 16
5.1 Company Share Analysis 16
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch: