Lung cancer is currently is the most common cause of death from cancer worldwide. Of total lung cancer incident cases, approximately 85% are the non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) subtype. NSCLC patients are usually diagnosed in the later stages of the disease, with poor prognosis. Historically, treatment options for advanced-stage NSCLC patients have been dominated by chemotherapy. However, the launch of targeted therapies such as Iressa (gefitinib) in 2003, Tarceva (erlotinib) in 2004, and Xalkori (crizotinib) in 2011, has shifted the treatment landscape towards personalized medicine.
As a drug class, immunotherapeutics are projected to contribute the most to the US market expansion. As a result, both these drug classes are expected to take patient share away from branded chemotherapy, a class that will contract as a whole at a negative CAGR of 18.4%. The growth of the IO drug class will be fueled by the increasing use of immunotherapies across histologies and lines of therapy in NSCLC. The use of PD-1 checkpoint inhibitors in first-line therapy of NSCLC is expected to take away significant sales from conventional chemotherapies that are typically used in the first line.
– Overview of NSCLC including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
– Detailed information on the key drugs in the US including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
– Sales forecast for the top drugs in the US from 2015-2025.
– Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the US NSCLC market.
Reasons to buy
– Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
– Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for NSCLC.
– Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
– Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
– Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2015-2025 in the US.
Table of Content: Key Points
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 16
2 Introduction 19
2.1 Catalyst 19
2.2 Related Reports 19
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 20
3 Disease Overview 21
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 21
3.1.1 Etiology 21
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 21
3.2 Classification or Staging Systems 25
3.3 Symptoms 28
3.4 Prognosis 29
3.5 Quality of Life 31
4 Disease Management 32
4.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 32
4.1.1 Diagnosis 32
4.1.2 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs 35
4.1.3 Clinical Practice 37
4.2 US 42
5 Competitive Assessment 43
5.1 Overview 43
5.2 Product Profiles – Major Brands, Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor-Targeting 45
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch: