RATIONALE AND PROJECT GOALS
We launched this project because we have seen increased interest from our pharma/biotech clients in the integrated health system (IHS) space. Most of the large and mid-size pharma companies are either piloting or launching full-scale account teams dedicated to managing relationships with IHSs and, to a lesser degree, ACOs.
Pharma’s interest in IHSs stems from two concerns. First, representatives no longer have the same access as they once had, thereby threatening pharma’s longstanding sales model. Having a relationship at the IHS level is becoming increasingly important for access.
Second, pharma understands that a one-size fits all marketing approach won’t work for IHSs, which are regional in scope and are concerned about their own patient population. Pharma needs to consider who they are sending in to the IHS (not a drug rep), understand the unique needs of each system, and tailor messages and content to the needs of the individual IHS.
While this report was initially developed with pharma in mind, anyone who seeks to partner with health systems will find this report invaluable, including:
- Medical device manufacturers and suppliers
• Medical supply manufacturers and suppliers
• Durable medical equipment manufacturers and suppliers
• Home health and hospice agencies
• Technology providers
• Private duty home care agencies
KEY RESEARCH QUESTIONS
How is the IDN structured?
Who are the most influential people and positions within each system and why?
What criteria are used when determining a “top” health system to target for pharma/biotech and medical device sales?
Which IDNs are likely to survive the ongoing consolidation and why?
What specific results has the system seen with ACOs, bundled payments and other forms of value-based contracting, if at all?
How does an ACO function within the health system and what are the spillover effects into the rest of the system?
What are the key strategic issues for each system individually, and what do they share in common?
Included in the report you will find:
- Key findings from our research with more than 150 health system executives from 44 integrated health systems
- Market trends
- Partnering potential: top IHSs to target
- Visual scorecard for Medicare ACOs within each health system
- One-page executive summary of each system for senior management, including:
– System overview
– 2017 goals and corporate initiatives
– Core competencies and areas of excellence
– Key performance indicators (revenue, profit, volume)
– Key executives
HEALTH SYSTEMS DISCUSSED WITHIN THIS REPORT
• Advocate Health Care (Downers Grove, IL)
• Allegheny Health Network (Royal Oak, MI)
• Aurora Health Care (Milwaukee,WI)
• Banner Health (Phoenix, AZ)
• Baptist Health Care (Pensacola, FL)
• BayCare Health System (Clearwater, FL)
• Baylor Scott & White Dallas TX
• Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Boston, MA)
• Carolinas Health Care System (Charlotte, NC)
• Catholic Health Initiatives (Englewood, CO)
• Christiana Care Health System (Newark, DE)
• Commonwealth Health (Wilkes-Barre PA)
• Covenant Health (Knoxville, TN)
• Dartmouth-Hitchcock (Lebanon, NH)
• Dignity Health (San Francisco, CA)
• Einstein Healthcare Network (Philadelphia, PA)
• Fairview Health Services (Minneapolis, MN)
• Froedtert (Wauwatosa, WI)
• Geisinger Health System (Danville, PA)
– Project Background
– Report Contents
– Participating IHSs
– System Integration
– IDN Framework
- KEY FINDINGS
Medicare ACO Performance—2015
Population Health Management
- MARKET TRENDS
- POTENTIAL PARTNERS
Not Recommended Partners
Other Potential Partners
- IHS EXECUTIVE SUMMARIES
APPENDIX A: ACO PERFORMANCE
Visual Scorecard for ACOs associated with IHSs in this study
APPENDIX B: VALUE-BASED PHARMA CONTRACTS
Table 1: Publicly disclosed value-based contracts to date
Table 2: Alliances for future value-based contracts
APPENDIX C: INTEGRATED HEALTH SYSTEM BY NET PATIENT REVENUEs
IDNs by Net Patient Revenue
Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services
Gaining an insight into emerging trends, opportunities and potential threats is key to long-term sustenance in a competitive environment. The handpicked collection of market research reports on Wise Guy Reports is centred on this proven principle.
Wise Guy Reports seasoned and well-informed team of Research Coordinators will work closely with you, offering unbiased and expert advice on the most appropriate market research reports. With their in-depth knowledge of market research trends, industry verticals and market research publishers, many organizations regard the services of our Research Coordinators as being indispensable. These services are also geared towards helping organizations obtain market research reports at the best price.
Contact Us: Sales@Wiseguyreports.Com
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US) ; Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)