High purity alumina, also known as non-metallurgical alumina, is an extremely pure form of aluminum oxide that contains very low impurity level that ranges from 0.00001 to 0.01%. It is prominently consumed in hi-tech applications, most of which is used as a sapphire wafer for LED lightings, phosphor displays, and other semiconductor industry applications.
The market is primarily driven by growing demand of LED lightings, and Lithium ion batteries which form its major applications. Furthermore, increasing application in smartwatches & smartphones is also expected to boost the demand for high purity alumina. However, stringent environmental regulations on bauxite residue and availability of limited technical expertise for complex refining are anticipated to act as major impediments to the market growth.
The global high purity alumina market is estimated to be valued at USD 1,784.0 million in 2015, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.56% during the forecast period. Based on purity level, high purity alumina market has been classified into 4N, 5N, and 6N types. The 4N type alumina held the largest share within the market in 2015, and is expected to retain its dominance during the forecast period. Asia-Pacific is expected to remain a dominant market for high purity alumina during the forecast period. Owing to the high growth potential, the market is expected to witness intense competition in the next five years.
The leading market players in high purity alumina market primarily are Alcoa Inc (U.S.), Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd(Japan), Nippon Light Metal Holdings Co., Ltd.( Japan), Zibo Xinfumeng Chemicals Co., Ltd (China), Sasol Limited (Germany), PSB Industries SA (France), Xuancheng Jingrui New Materials Co.,(China), Altech Chemicals Limited(Australia), and Hebei Pengda Advanced Materials Technology Co.(China).
• To provide driving as well as restraining factors for the high purity alumina market
• To indicate the major factors that need to be addressed for wide scale adoption of high purity alumina
• To understand the supply and demand dynamics of the market
• To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments as well as sub-segments with respect to regional markets and their key countries
• To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments based on types, and application
• Analysis of historical market trends, technologies, and current government regulatory requirements
• To provide strategic profiling of key players in the market, comprehensively analyzing their core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market
• High purity alumina manufacturers
• Semiconductor manufacturers
• Consulting and research firms
• The 4N type alumina accounts for the largest share of 52% within the global high purity alumina market, in 2015
• 6N segment is expected to witness the highest growth of 20.95% CAGR during the forecast period
• LED application held a major share within the market in 2015, and is expected to remain a major market by 2022
• Asia-Pacific is projected to remain a dominant market during the forecast period, and shall be valued at around USD 4 billion by 2022
Regional analysis of the market also covers key countries –
• North America
• Rest of Europe
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• South America
• Middle East & Africa
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)