Endometriosis is an estrogen-dependent, chronic, inflammatory disease characterized by the appearance and growth of endometrial cells or tissues in locations outside the uterus. It is a common gynecological condition; however the disease is underdiagnosed due to the invasive nature of laparoscopy that confirms diagnosis. GlobalData estimates the endometriosis prevalence, including suspected and confirmed cases, to grow from 9.6 million to 11.3 million worldwide between 2015 and 2025. Current FDA-approved therapies for endometriosis comprise drugs that suppress ovulation and/or induce a hypoestrogenic state including gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analogues, progestins, and danazol. Off-label medical treatment for endometriosis, commonly prescribed before definitive diagnosis is made, include NSAIDs and hormonal contraceptives. The endometriosis market will undergo a moderate growth from 1.72 billion to reach sales of $2.04 billion over the 10-year period. This growth will primarily be driven by the increasing diagnosed endometriosis patients in the 7MM and the highly anticipated arrival of the novel GnRH antagonist, elagolix, due to be released in the US and 5EU in 2018. Nevertheless, patent expiries of some branded drugs and the sparsely populated endometriosis pipeline will curtail market growth during the forecast period.
Check the DISCOUNT on this report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/discount/193170 .
Key Questions Answered
– Oral contraceptives are among the market leaders for endometriosis, prescribed off-label as first-line of therapy to alleviate endometriosis-associated pain. Second-line therapies, such as GnRH agonists, are effective treatments; however their undesirable hypoestrogenic side effects and failure to prevent symptom recurrence limit their use. Another limitation of hormonal regimens is that their use prevents conception. Therefore, there are considerably high unmet needs within the indication. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the endometriosis market?
– The current late-stage endometriosis pipeline encompasses one novel therapeutic drug class, GnRH antagonists, of which elagolix will be the first to enter the market. Will the late-stage drugs make a significant impact on the endometriosis market? Will elagolix become the market leader over the 10-year forecast period, and why?
– We have seen considerable efforts over the past years to raise awareness and to identify biomarkers for endometriosis. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future market?
Request a sample of this report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/193170 .
– The main driver of moderate growth in the endometriosis market will be the increase in the diagnosed prevalence of endometriosis as well as the uptake of the novel GnRH antagonist, elagolix.
– The major global barrier for the endometriosis market will be the lack of entry of novel targeted drugs that could be used safely as continuous therapy.
– The dynamics of the endometriosis market will not change drastically over the next 10 years in terms of the current and future players in the endometriosis market and GlobalData expects that AbbVie and Bayer will continue to have a strong presence, as they are undertaking various strategies to bring novel therapeutics into the endometriosis market. Other companies with new chemical entities may also come near to surface by the end of the forecast period.
– The endometriosis space has considerable unmet needs. One of the largest unmet needs is a need for therapies that would target the pathogenic processes of the disease and have the potential to eradicate the disease and stop recurrence. The market is in need for safe and effective long-term therapies with minimal side effects that could also be given to adolescent patients and/or patients with mild disease. Developing therapies with non-contraceptive properties is also an untapped area of the endometriosis market. Low diagnosis rates due to lack of disease awareness and the lack of reliable noninvasive diagnostic tools are major hurdles of successful treatment.
– Overview of endometriosis, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
– Annualized endometriosis therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2015 and forecast for ten years to 2025.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the endometriosis therapeutics market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global endometriosis therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Endometriosis therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global Endometriosis therapeutics market in future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global Endometriosis therapeutics market from 2013-2023.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (214) 884-6817; +912064101019
Email ID: email@example.com