The global breathable film market is expected to reach USD 22.83 billion by 2024 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing demand for breathable films in the packaging, healthcare, hygiene, and apparel industry is anticipated to drive market demand over the coming years.
The breathable film market is strongly influenced by new product developments and expansions into emerging markets. The increasing use of breathable films in hygiene and building & construction market is anticipated to boost the market growth in Asia Pacific. Stringent regulations concerning use of protective apparel in the healthcare and industrial sector are expected to augment future market growth.
Rising demand for waterproof garments in sports apparels is projected to propel the demand for breathable films over the forecast period. Increasing investments in the healthcare sector is expected to drive the demand for masks, gloves, drapes, sheets, and other disposable garments over the coming years.
Browse full research report on global breathable film market: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/breathable-film-market
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global breathable film market demand was 5.48 million tons in 2015 and is expected to reach 8.92 million tons by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2016 to 2024
- Polyester dominated the breathable film market in 2015 accounting for around 33% of the global market demand in the raw material segment. It is also expected to witness the highest growth of 6.0% over the forecast period.
- Non-porous films were the leading product segment and accounted for over 70% of global demand in 2015. Increasing penetration for healthcare and food packaging application is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period.
- The packaging segment occupied the largest share in 2015, on account of growing demand for breathable films in the convenience food, confectionery & bakery products, meat, and processed food market.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness a significant growth over the forecast period on account of the growing building & construction and manufacturing sector
- The increasing demand for protective apparel in the medical and industrial sector of North America and Europe is anticipated to boost future market growth in this region.
- Major companies identified in the market include Argotec LLC., Arkema, Clopay Plastics, Fatra, a.s., Kimberley-Clark, and Nitto Denko Corporation among others.
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the breathable film market on the basis of raw material, product, application, and region:
Global Breathable Films Raw Material Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
Global Breathable Films Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
Global Breathable Films Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- Building & Construction
- Industrial Protective Apparels
- Sports Apparels
Global Breathable Films Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Access press release of this research report by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-breathable-film-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519