Captive capacity remains the largest impediment to faster growth of the contract manufacturing and development industry. Based on recent capital expenditure trends, it’s clear that bio/pharma companies would rather “make than buy.”
According to the latest PharmSource Trend Report, Bio/Pharma CapEx Trends 2016, bio/pharma companies have invested over $150 billion for new plant and equipment in the past 5 years, an amount at least 10 times greater than what CMOs have invested in themselves. Global and generic bio/pharma companies, in particular, have invested heavily in new capacity, especially for biopharmaceuticals and in emerging markets.
– Bio/Pharma CapEx Trends 2016 analyzes recent trends in capital spending by bio/pharma companies and assesses the implications for the CMO industry.
– It tracks spending by major segments of the bio/pharma industry, with detailed information on investments by global and generic biopharma companies.
– It discusses the outlook for the next five years, analyzes why major bio/pharma companies continue to favor captive capacity and describes the continuing role of CMOs in the bio/pharma supply chain.
Reasons to buy
– The 16-page report provides important insight that you won’t find in any other source. This report is required reading for –
– CMO executives and strategic decision-makers who seriously follow the global CMO industry, including dose and API manufacturers.
– Bio/Pharma sponsors that buy contract manufacturing services and need to understand contract manufacturing industry drivers.
Table of Content: Key Points
Executive Summary 1
CapEx Overview 3
CapEx Relative to Other Financial Indicators 6
Nature of Capital Expenditure – What Is Being Built 8
What It Means 10
Recently Announced and Completed Investments by Global Bio/Pharma Companies 12
Manufacturing Investments in Emerging Markets 2014-2021 by Global Bio/Pharma Companies 14
Selected CapEx Investments by Generic Companies 2014 Onwards 15
List of Tables
Table 1 Composition of the PharmSource Universe
Table 2 Analysis of Identified CapEx Projects
Table 3 Location of Identified CapEx Projects
List of Figures
Figure 1 CapEx by Company Sector 2015
Figure 2 Comparison of CapEx Change to Revenue Change 2010-2015
Figure 3 CapEx Trends at Bio/Pharma Companies 2010-2015
Figure 4 CapEx Spend and Growth Rate for Global Bio/Pharma Companies
Figure 5 Cash Spent on Dividends, Share Repurchase and CapEx by Selected US Global Bio/Pharma Companies 2010-2015
Figure 6 Capital Expenditure for Leading Public CDMOs
Entire Bundle Purchase @ 35% Discount
Offer valid till 31 January
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)
Get in touch: