GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its latest report, “CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape – South Africa”. The report is an essential source of information on and analysis of the healthcare, regulatory and reimbursement landscape in South Africa. It identifies the key trends in the country’s healthcare market and provides insights into its demographic, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights into the trends and segmentation of its pharmaceutical and medical device markets. It uses data and information sourced from proprietary databases, secondary research, and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
The population of South Africa in 2015 was 54.96 million, having grown at a CAGR of 2% from 2008. In 2011, the government introduced the National Health Insurance (NHI) policy to promote the pharmaceutical market. To increase the growth rate of the pharmaceutical industry, the government also introduced the South African Health Products Regulatory Authority (SAHPRA). Through SAHPRA, the government aims to increase the pace of the drug approval process, while maintaining the highest possible quality standards.
Place a direct purchase order on this report at http://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase/176083 .
In 2015, the government spent 0.59% of GDP in 2015 on R&D on medical and health science and exported $2.31 billion of pharmaceutical products. The pharmaceutical market in South Africa was worth $5.16 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach $7.28 billion by 2020, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7%. The medical device market was valued at $1.8 billion in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% to $2.19 billion by 2020.
The report provides information on the healthcare, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape in South Africa which includes –
– An overview of the pharmaceutical and medical device markets, comprising market size, segmentation, and key drivers and barriers
– Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical market: Aspen Pharmacare, Adcock Ingram, Pfizer, GSK and Roche; and profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the medical device market: Essilor International, Sirona Dental System, Paul Hartmann, Alcon and GSK
– An insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, with analysis covering details of the country’s healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and the approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
– Detailed analysis of the country’s political and economic environment, covering economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
– An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the South African healthcare market.
Request a sample CountryFocus: Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape-South Africa Report
Some Points From List Of Figures:
Figure 1: Pharmaceutical Market, South Africa, Revenue ($bn), 2008-2015 20
Figure 2: Pharmaceutical Market, South Africa, Revenue ($bn), 2016-2020 21
Figure 3: Pharmaceutical Market, South Africa, Pharmaceutical Exports and Imports ($bn), 2008-2015 22
Figure 4: Pharmaceutical Market, South Africa, Supply Chain, 2016 23
Figure 5: Pharmaceutical Market, South Africa, Top Therapeutic Areas by Prevalence Rate (per 1,000), 2015 28
Figure 6: Medical Device Market, South Africa, Revenue ($bn), 2008-2015 72
Figure 7: Medical Device Market, South Africa, Revenue ($bn), 2016-2020 73
Figure 8: Medical Device Market, South Africa, Revenue by Segment ($m), 2015 74
Figure 9: Ophthalmic Devices, South Africa, Revenue ($m), 2008-2015 75
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (214) 884-6817; +912064101019
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org