Increasing incidences of ocular diseases coupled with rising technological advancement in diagnostics is expected to boost the market for OCT based imaging devices. Furthermore, rising applications in cardiology, dermatology, oncology and other diseases is anticipated to support market growth over the forecast period.
Improvement in the design of the devices along with utility of advanced software is expected to enhance the healthcare provider’s ability to accurately diagnose and manage chronic conditions. For instance, Optovue launched AngioVue Retina in June 2016, which is expected to provide ophthalmologist with a smooth integration of the optical coherence tomography angiography technology into the workflow.
Government support towards increased diagnostic rate is another vital impact rendering driver. For instance, the U.S. FDA has launched multiple programs to facilitate routine screening of geriatric patients, which forms a large portion of the target group. Availability of favorable reimbursement is further expected to increase the diagnostic rate for conditions such as age-related macular degeneration, retinopathy, and vitreomacular traction along with various other conditions.
The report “Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) Market Analysis By Technology (Time Domain Based, Frequency Domain Based, Spatially Encoded Frequency Domain Based), By Type (Catheter, Doppler OCT, Handheld, Tabletop), By Application (Ophthalmology, Cardiovascular, Oncology, Dermatology) And Segment Forecasts to 2024” is available now at http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/optical-coherence-tomography-oct-market
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- The time domain segment spearheaded the optical coherence tomography market in 2015, whereas, spatially encoded domain OCT is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period. This is the most advanced technology and finds application across various domains, thereby actively contributing to the market growth over the forecast period.
- Ophthalmology forms the largest application segment and is expected to lose market share over the forecast period owing to the introduction of other application and their lucrative growth trend. For instance, application of these devices for dermatology imaging is predicted to be on rise over the next few years. The ability of OCT imaging devices to non-invasively provide 3D images up to 2-3 mm depth with higher resolution than ultrasound is expected to be the driver of this growth.
- Asia Pacific region is predicted to witness the fastest growth by 2024 and hold over 25.0% of the market share. Presence of growth opportunities in regions such as Korea, China, India, Malaysia and others countries of South Asia are anticipated to be the vital impact rendering drivers. Furthermore, expansion of competitors and establishment of manufacturing units in the region are also anticipated to support growth.
Request a Free Sample Copy of this Report @ http://www.radiantinsights.com/research/optical-coherence-tomography-oct-market/request-sample
- Few of the key players include, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Topcon Medical Systems Inc., Optovue, Michelson Diagnostics Ltd., Heidelberg Engineering GmbH, Novacam Technologies Inc., Agfa Healthcare and Thorlabs Inc.
- Carl Zeiss is a prominent participant of the OCT industry with product portfolio varying for time domain to spatially encoded frequency domain based devices. Their product Cirrus HD-OCT 5000 launched in 2013 is highly popular among ophthalmic practice.
- Furthermore, the players are also developing modified components for these devices in order to meet the specific needs of clients. For instance, Thorlabs in August 2016 released a polarization-dependent isolator and super luminescent diode which can be further customized.
Read more related reports by Radiant Insights:
- Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) Market
The global Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) market is expected to reach USD 2.2 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Radiant Insights, Inc. Rising research activities and increasing complexity in data management for multiple verticals such as pharmaceutical and biotechnology are anticipated to present the clinical trial management system market with lucrative opportunities over the forecast period. These systems are capable for speeding up the research activity along with cost containment which is crucial for pharmaceutical companies that invest a lot on R&D innovation.
- Influenza Diagnostics Market
The influenza diagnostics market is expected to reach USD 3.3 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Radiant Insights, Inc. Influenza, or “the flu,” is an infectious disease and affects the upper respiratory tract in humans. The disease is common in children and elderly population (aged 65 years and above). The disease has a huge impact on public health. Influenza A virus poses a greater risk as compared to the influenza B virus. The B virus is responsible for 20% to 25% of infections globally. The growth in the influenza diagnostic market is attributed to factors such as emergence of technologically advanced diagnostic tests with shorter turnaround time; initiatives by regulatory bodies, such as CDC’s seasonal influenza vaccination for prevention and control of seasonal influenza; and the demand created for influenza diagnosis in the flu season.
About Radiant Insights
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. It assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. The Organization has a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
For more information, Visit: http://www.radiantinsights.com