At the CES 2017, Medgadget had a chance to take a look at the new toothbrush from a French company called Kolibree. The sonic-based ARA is touted as the first toothbrush with artificial intelligence, which basically means the toothbrush connects to a smartphone app, and the app promises to make sure that brushing is thorough and all the places have been cleaned.
The toothbrush sports the following features, according to the company:
• Proprietary AI technology in the toothbrush
• 3-D motion sensors, accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer
• Offline data capture, date, time, duration and zones brushed
• Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy) for easy connection and synchronization
• Gentle vibrations and rounded bristles to protect teeth and gums
• Only 2.5ounces and a 2-week battery life for easy travel
• Brushing data are synchronized on Kolibree App
• Personal score based on online and offline brushing
• Weekly e-mail report shows how well you’ve brushed over the last seven days
• Improve oral care and interact with your dentist
• The kolibree App is on the Apple Store and Google Play
And here’s a lovely company rep introducing the technology:
The company plans to release the device in March 2017, but pre-orders are already being taken now at a reduced rate of $79.
Product page: ARA…