Osteoporosis, the most common metabolic bone disease, is characterized by low bone mass, microarchitectural deterioration of bone tissue, and a consequent increase in fracture risk. Osteoporosis is generally known as an asymptomatic disease, as there are no visible signs until a fracture occur. In most of the cases, fracture is the clinical outcome associated with osteoporosis, and it has a complex pathogenesis that involves trauma to the bone and increased skeletal fragility. Osteoporosis is a major global public health problem, associated with significant morbidity, mortality, and socioeconomic burden. An aging global population will result in an increased number of people living with the condition, thereby acting as a driver for revenue growth.
Browse Complete Report With TOC @ http://www.marketresearchstore.com/report/osteoporosis-therapeutics-in-asia-pacific-markets-to-2022-70657
The osteoporosis market is undergoing a gradual transition from a focus on antiresorptive therapies to anabolic drug treatment. The market is set to be driven by recently launched products, and the approval of drugs that will supplement current market leaders and offer greater therapeutic options. The marketed products landscape comprises a wide range of treatment options, including bisphosphonates, SERMs, RANKL inhibitors, a dual-action non-bisphosphonate (strontium ranelate), calcitonins and PTH analogues. Nevertheless, significant unmet need remains for products that can improve bone formation, as well as effective antiresorptive therapies that offer increased compliance with few side effects.
The osteoporosis Asia-Pacific market will be valued at $7.7 billion in 2022, growing from $4.5 billion in 2015 at a CAGR of 7.8%.
– Bisphosphonates and SERMs dominate the osteoporosis market. However, unmet needs exist in terms of safety and efficacy. Will the drugs under development fulfill the unmet needs of the osteoporosis market?
– How will immunotherapies such as Prolia contribute to growth?
– What effect will the patent expirations of currently branded therapies have on market value?
The pipeline contains a range of molecule types and molecular targets, including those that are well established in osteoporosis, and novel, first-in-class therapies.
– Which molecular targets appear most frequently in the pipeline?
– Is there strong potential for the pipeline to address unmet needs within the osteoporosis market?
– Will the pipeline address unmet needs related to limited anabolic therapies for osteoporosis patients?
The market forecasts indicate that Japan will contribute the most to the Asia-Pacific market value, due to the emergence of novel therapies.
– How will the annual cost of therapy and market size vary between the five Asia-Pacific markets?
– How could changes in risk factors such as aging population, calcium and vitamin D deficiency influence the market?
Various drivers and barriers will influence the market over the forecast period.
– What are the barriers that limit the uptake of premium-priced therapeutics in the assessed countries?
– Which factors are most likely to drive the market in these countries?
To Get Sample Copy of Report visit @ http://www.marketresearchstore.com/report/osteoporosis-therapeutics-in-asia-pacific-markets-to-2022-70657#RequestSample