Orbis Research’s Global Neurodegenerative Drugs Market to 2022-Growth Driven by an Aging Population, the Approval of Novel Immunomodulators and Neuromodulators, and Strong Uptake of Marketed Anti-Inflammatory Treatments has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts
Neurodegenerative disorders are a cluster of conditions that affect the central nervous system. They include both hereditary and sporadic conditions that are characterized by slow, irreversible, progressive dysfunction of the nervous system with the increasing degeneration of neurons, which causes symptoms such as motor impairment, memory loss and declining cognitive ability. Neurodegenerative disorders cannot currently be cured, and treatment is aimed at managing the disease indication in order to reduce the severity of symptoms and slow progression.
The report focuses on five key indications within neurodegenerative disorders: Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and multiple sclerosis. With no curative therapies available, symptomatic medications prescribed off-label are an important part of the treatment paradigm, especially in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and multiple sclerosis. This indicates the need for extensive R&D within this area.
Get a PDF Sample of Global Neurodegenerative Drugs Market to 2022 Market Report at: http://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/183830
Immunomodulators are the most effective and most common therapies used in neurodegenerative disorders. This class of compounds has been the most commercially successful in the past decade, particularly in the multiple sclerosis market, with many clinical trials underway for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. The market for neurodegenerative disorders is largely accounted for by premium products, with generic products holding only a relatively small share. However, some generic products have been able to secure sizable market shares after the patent expiries of leading drugs. Glatopa (a generic version of Copaxone) recently entered the market and is expected to reach sales of $233m within the forecast period.
Although there is a high degree of failure and uncertainty within the R&D of neurodegenerative disorder drugs, the number of drugs in the pipeline is very high, at 1,494. The majority of pipeline products are novel active pharmaceutical ingredients, with only a small proportion of products being either generics or repositioned from other indications. This shows progression in terms of the variety of molecules being developed as therapeutic agents within the neurodegenerative disorders pipeline. The market is expected to grow over the forecast period, which is attributed to the approval of new drugs, as well as the increasing aging population.
Place a Purchase Order for Global Neurodegenerative Drugs Market to 2022 Market Report at: http://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase/183830
– Global revenues for the neurodegenerative disorders market are forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 7.42%, from $27.2 billion in 2015 to $45 billion in 2022. Which drugs will achieve blockbuster status and how will the key player companies perform during the forecast period?
– The neurodegenerative disorders pipeline is large and diverse, and contains 1,494 products. How does the composition of the pipeline compare with that of the existing market?
– What mechanisms of action and molecule types are being trialed most commonly in pipeline products for the key indications?
– Which products will contribute most significantly to market growth, and which will achieve blockbuster status?
– Will the current market leaders retain their dominance over the forecast period, and how is their revenue share set to change?
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to –
– Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis, and the treatment options available at each stage of diagnosis
– Visualize the composition of the neurodegenerative disorders market across each indication, in terms of dominant molecule types and targets, and key commercial assets and players
– Analyze the neurodegenerative disorders pipeline and stratify by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target, making use of a granular breakdown across key indications
– Understand the growth in patient epidemiology and market revenues for the neurodegenerative disorders market, globally and across the key players and product types
– Stratify the market in terms of the split between generic and premium products, and assess the role of these product types in the treatment of the various neurodegenerative disorders
– Identify commercial opportunities in the neurodegenerative disorders deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals
Some Points From TOC:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 5
1.1 List of Tables 7
1.2 List of Figures 7
2 Introduction 10
2.1 Therapy Area Introduction 10
2.1.1 Alzheimer’s Disease 10
2.1.2 Parkinson’s Disease 11
2.1.3 Huntington’s Disease 11
3 Key Marketed Products 35
3.1 Overview 35
3.2 Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate) – Biogen 35
3.3 Copaxone (glatiramer acetate) – Teva 37
3.4 Tysabri (natalizumab) – Biogen 39
3.5 Gilenya (fingolimod hydrochloride) – Novartis 41
4 Pipeline Landscape Assessment 50
4.1 Pipeline Development Landscape 50
4.2 Molecular Targets in the Pipeline 53
4.3 Clinical Trials 55
4.3.1 Failure Rate 55
4.3.2 Clinical Trial Duration 59
5 Multi-scenario Market Forecast to 2022 80
5.1 Overall Market Size 80
5.2 Generic Penetration 82
5.3 Revenue Forecast by Molecular Target 82
5.3.1 Immunomodulators (interferon receptor/S1PR1/MHC II/IL-2 receptor/cells expressing B lymphocyte antigen CD20/glucocorticoid receptor) 83
For any enquires before buying, connect with us @ email@example.com
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (214) 884-6817; +9164101019
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/orbis-research
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/orbisresearch
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OrbisResearch