IRadimed, a company out of Winter Springs, Florida, won FDA clearance for its MRidium 3860+ MRI-compatible IV infusion pump. The device has non-magnetic motor and no ferrous (containing iron) components that would be affected by a magnetic field. It’s safe to use around MRI machines up to 3.0 Tesla, which means just about any scanner found inside a hospital.
The device can pump doses from 0.1 mL to 1,400 mL per hour, and so can be used with pediatric and adult patients that may need very different infusion rates.
Thanks to a built-in lithium battery, the device can be self-powered for up to 12 hours at 125 mL per hour.
- World’s ‘Only’ Non–Magnetic IV Infusion Pump
- Placement up to the 10,000 Gauss Line
- Intuitive Smart IV Pump technology reduces field errors
- Expandable to a second infusion channel
- Masimo™ SpO2 Patient Monitoring
- Large 10-Numeric Keypad – Quick Programming
- Infusion Range – 0.1 to 1400 mL/Hr
- Over 12–Hour Battery at 125mL/Hr
- Adjustable KVO Rate
- Upstream / Downstream Occlusion Detection
- Air-in-Line Detection
- Delivery via Syringe, Bag or Bottle
Product page: MRidium 3860+…