MarketResearchReports.biz has recently announced the addition of a market study “ EpiCast Report: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) – Epidemiology Forecast to 2023 ”, is a comparative analysis of the global market.
EpiCast Report: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) – Epidemiology Forecast to 2023
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), also known as chronic obstructive lung disease (COLD), is a condition characterized by difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, wheezing, chest tightness, and other respiratory symptoms that progress over time. The disease is often caused by smoking; however, long-term exposure to other lung irritants, such as pollution, smoke from vehicle emissions and power stations, chemical fumes, and dust, can also lead to the development of COPD. COPD is also a significant cause of morbidity and mortality, and the World Health Organization (WHO) predicts that it will be the third leading cause of death in the world by 2030.
In the 8MM, GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the total prevalent cases of COPD will increase from 64,229,605 cases in 2013 to 73,794,089 cases in 2023 at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 1.49%. GlobalData epidemiologists also forecast that the diagnosed prevalent cases of COPD will increase from 18,920,845 cases in 2013 to 21,789,454 cases in 2023 at an AGR of 1.52%. In the 8MM in 2013, 16.41% of the diagnosed prevalent cases of COPD were in GOLD Stage I, 24.66% were in GOLD Stage II, 29.09% were in GOLD Stage III, and 29.84% were in GOLD Stage IV. GlobalData epidemiologists estimated that 18,065,499 of the diagnosed prevalent cases of COPD in 2013 would have survived to the end of the year.
This analysis for COPD is a market-driven epidemiological report providing detailed segmentations of the COPD patient population, including the age- and sex-specific distribution of the total and diagnosed prevalent cases, the GOLD stage distributions for the total and diagnosed prevalent cases, the diagnosed prevalent cases that have comorbidities, and an estimation of the exacerbations and mortality for the forecast COPD patients. GlobalData epidemiologists also describe in detail the sources and methodology that were used in the forecast, thereby ensuring transparency of the forecasting process.
Download The sample Copy Of This Report: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/501201
– The Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global trends for COPD in the eight major markets (8MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and Australia). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of the total prevalent cases of COPD and total diagnosed prevalent cases of COPD, segmented by age and sex. Additionally it provides segmentation of diagnosed prevalent cases by severity using the GOLD standard.
– The COPD epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
– The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 8MM.
Reasons to buy
The COPD EpiCast report will allow you to –
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global COPD market.
– Quantify patient populations in the global COPD market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
– Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for COPD therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
– Identify the COPD comorbidities that are most important to your marketing plans
Table Of Content
1 Table of Contents 4
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 7
2 Introduction 8
2.1 Catalyst 8
2.2 Related Reports 9
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 9
3 Epidemiology 10
3.1 Disease Background 10
3.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 11
3.3 Global Trends 13
3.3.1 US 13
3.3.2 5EU 14
3.3.3 Japan and Australia 15
3.4 Forecast Methodology 15
3.4.1 Sources Used 18
3.4.2 Sources Not Used 33
3.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 34
3.5 Epidemiological Forecast for COPD (2013-2023) 39
3.5.1 Total Prevalent Cases of COPD 39
3.5.2 Age-Specific Total Prevalent Cases of COPD 41
3.5.3 Sex-Specific Total Prevalent Cases of COPD 43
3.5.4 Age-Standardized Total Prevalence of COPD 45
3.5.5 Total Prevalent Cases of COPD by the GOLD Severity Stage 46
3.5.6 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of COPD 47
3.5.7 Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of COPD 49
3.5.8 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of COPD 51
3.5.9 Age-Standardized Diagnosed Prevalence of COPD 53
3.5.10 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of COPD by the GOLD Severity Stage 54
3.5.11 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of COPD with Comorbidities 55
3.5.12 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of COPD Surviving to One Year 56
3.6 Discussion 58
3.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 58
3.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 59
3.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 59
4 Appendix 60
4.1 Bibliography 60
4.2 Physicians and Specialists Included in this Study 65
4.3 About the Authors 68
4.3.1 Epidemiologists 68
4.3.2 Reviewers 68
4.3.3 Global Director of Therapy Analysis and Epidemiology 69
4.3.4 Global Head of Healthcare 70
4.4 About GlobalData 71
4.5 About EpiCast 71
4.6 Disclaimer 72