Global Bioplastics Market is expected grow at a CAGR of 29% during the forecast period. The global production capacity will rise from 1.7 million metric tonnes in 2013 to 7.6 million metric tonnes by 2019.
Europe accounts for 36% of the global bio plastics consumption. Production and consumption share are also expected to witness a rise in Asia Pacific and South American region in the coming years.
Bio plastics are majorly consumed in packaging industry in the form of plastic bags and bottles. Other industries include consumer products, agriculture, catering, pharmaceuticals, textiles, etc. Some of the most widely used bio-plastics are Polylactic acid (PLA) and PLA blends, starch extracts, bio-polyethylene (Bio-PE) and polybutylene succinate.
Reduced dependence on petroleum based raw materials, lower carbon footprint and lower toxicity are some of the advantages of using bio plastics. On the other hand, high cost and shortage in waste processing infrastructure pose as big disadvantages.
The Global Bioplastics market is segmented by Bio and Synthetic based Biodegradables (Aliphatic polyesters, Starch based plastics, cellulose derivatves, polyanhydrides, poly vinyl alcohols and other Biodegradable plastics), by Non-Bio based biodegradables, by origin (Biobased plastics, Synthetic biodegradables), by Application (Bottles and packaging, agriculture, automotive, construction, consumer products and others) and by geography (North America, South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and the rest of the world). The key players in this market are Dow Chemicals, Novamont, Toray Industries, Green Day Eco-friendly materials and Nature Works LLC.
High cost of raw materials and the lack of a standard procedure for the collection and recycling of the plastics are the major factors impeding market growth.
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT
1) The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade
2) The report will be an ideal source material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
3) The report contains wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS
1) Market Definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
2) Market analysis with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
3) Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
4) Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
5) Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scale.
6) A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Key points in table of content
1.1 Research Methodology
1.1.1 Definition of the Market
1.1.2 Report Description
1.1.3 Executive Summary
- KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
- MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- MARKET DYNAMICS
4.2.1 Non dependence on petroleum based feedstock
4.2.2 Economic advantage in the long run
4.2.3 Legislative and Financial Incentives
4.2.4 Lower Carbon Footprint
4.2.5 Lower Toxicity
4.3.1 High costs
4.3.2 Shortfall in waste processing infrastructure
4.3.3 Lack of approved method for collection and sorting of waste
4.3.4 Land availability
4.4.1 Plant scaleup to reduce costs
4.4.2 Quality improvement for higher consumer appeal
4.4.3 Improvement in disposal Infrastructure
4.4.4 Promotion of greater public awareness
4.5 Porter’s Five Forces
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.5.5 Degree of Competition
- Technology Overview
5.1 Technology Snapshot
5.2 Sustainability assessment of biobased plastics
Partner Relations & Marketing Manager
Ph: +1-646-845-9349 (US)
Ph: +44 208 133 9349 (UK)