Abbott won European CE Mark approval for its i-STAT Alinity blood testing system. It’s a portable point-of-care device that can be used to test for a variety of metabolites, including blood chemistries and cardiac biomarkers. It works off of only two or three drops of blood and displays results within ten minutes, depending on the assay used.
It has a touchscreen display as the interface and includes a camera for barcode tracking of samples and results.
Some of the i-STAT Alinity’s features according to the announcement:
- Expansive testing menu capabilities to enable the most combinations of tests in a single cartridge and new types of tests in the future, including tests for brain injury, infectious disease and oncology
- Advanced quality control features designed with patient safety and regulatory compliance in the forefront
- Wireless or hard-wired connectivity so healthcare providers can manage diagnostic data and oversight with the broader healthcare system’s network
- Cloud connectivity that uses a standard web browser, making it easy for health systems to customize multiple i-STAT Alinity instruments and provide seamless transmission of quality control data
- A large, bright, color touchscreen with graphics-driven, on-screen guidance and advanced light and sound notifications that alert clinicians with critical information
- An ergonomic design with easy-grip handling that is balanced, comfortable and secure
- Durable materials designed to prevent damage from drops and harsh cleaning substances commonly used in clinical settings
Product page: i-STAT Alinity System…