Injectable drugs delivery has come a long way since it was introduced, with the global market worth billions of dollars. Injectable drug delivery offers numerous benefits, owing to which it is gaining traction in the healthcare sector. Injectable drug delivery’s huge market and its widespread use has certain factors related to it. These are as follows:
- Mass Market Reach: Injectable drugs are now easily available over-the-counter.
- Cost Effective: Injectable drug delivery is a cost-efficient way because the amount of drug required as compared to other forms of delivery is lesser. It reduces the overheads like additional materials required to make the drug compatible for oral consumption and the packaging cost.
- 3. Quick Drug Response: Injectable drugs can be delivered via intravenous, intramuscular, intra-arterial, intra-cardiac, subcutaneous, intradermal, intra peritoneal, and intrathecal system. That means the drug takes less time to reach the area of action, resulting in lower response time for the drug to kick in.
- Accurate Dosages: Since the injected drugs take less time and are capable of acting quickly, the dosage amount can be easily regulated to the fraction of an ‘ml’ resulting in lower dosages and limiting the side effects to a minimum.
- Clinical Trials: Apart from human use, injected drug delivery is widely used in clinical trials and testing to administer drugs for quick reactions and check how it performs on individual body parts.
Adoption of Injectable Drug Delivery
With so many advantages on offer, injectable drug delivery has been widely adopted across most domains where it could be used. Ranging from small clinics, to large hospitals and even in battlefields for the military for quick drug administration in times of distress.
Request Free Report Sample@ http://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-393
Challenges Faced By Injectable Drug Delivery
Global population is still partial to oral forms of medication. And, there are always the health hazards that need to be handled, such as transmission of deadly diseases and extra efforts needed to properly dispose the by-products after administration of the drugs.
Also another huge challenge is that for any injectable drug delivery system, some amount of expertise is required in administering the dosage. This is the reason why it is advised that only qualified medical practitioners and nurses are allowed to administer injectable drugs to the consumers.
Market Trends in Injectable Drug Delivery
To counter the challenges and open up new avenues for growth, the market is constantly evolving with something new all the time. Currently the self-injection devices are on the rise as the market is growing consistently with double-digit CAGR. Also, the rise of chronic illnesses due to climate change and shifting atmospheric patterns coupled with the rise in vaccination and immunization has provided the market more than enough fodder.
Request For TOC@ http://www.futuremarketinsights.com/toc/rep-gb-393
Becton, Dickinson & Co., Schott AG, Novo Nordik A/S, Scandinavian Health Limited, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Antares Pharma, Inc., Eli Lilly & Company, Pfizer Inc., Terumo Corporation, Zogenix, Inc., Baxter International, Inc., Unilife Corporation, Gerresheimer AG, Hospira, Inc. and many more companies are some key market players globally.