PharmaPoint: Atrial Fibrillation – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025
Atrial fibrillation (AF) is the most common cardiac arrhythmia and is a heart condition that causes an irregular and often abnormally fast heart rate. Various therapeutic options are available to treat patients with AF, and most patients will receive some form of antithrombotic therapy, a heart rate control agent, and potentially an antiarrhythmic drug for rhythm control.
All sectors of the AF market have historically been saturated with generics, with the vitamin K antagonists such as warfarin playing an important role in stroke prevention in AF. However, since 2010, and the launch of the first of the new oral anticoagulants (NOACs), a shift in the treatment of patients with AF has occurred. The NOACs offer a significant advancement in anticoagulation and their continued uptake will be the main driver of growth in the AF market over the next 10 years.
In contrast, despite a great unmet need for safer antiarrhythmic drugs, developments in this field are expected to be much slower and there are presently no late-stage drug candidates that are expected to address this unmet need during the forecast period.
Key Questions Answered
– The anticoagulant market for stroke prevention in AF has become increasingly crowded. How will the drug treatment landscape for AF change? Which of the NOACs will become the market leader over the next ten years? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
– The AF market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs. What are the main unmet needs in the treatment of AF? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the AF market?
– Will any late-stage anticoagulants drugs make a significant impact on the AF market? What subgroups of the AF population will they target?
– Overview of AF, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
– Annualized AF therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and treatment usage pattern data from 2015, forecast for ten years to 2025.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping, and implications for the AF therapeutics market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global AF therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints, and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global AF therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global AF therapeutics market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global AF therapeutics market from 2015-2025.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
+1 646 845 9349 / +44 208 133 9349