Rising demand for bio-based chemical intermediates for sustainable products will drive itaconic acid market growth, which offers an ideal platform. Chemicals, that can be possibly replaced by this platform include acetone cyanohydrin (MMA production), acrylic acid (superabsorbent polymers), maleic anhydride (UPR) and sodium tripolyphosphate (phosphate less detergent builder). However, addressable market potential depends on the availability as well as itaconic acid market price trend.
Request for a sample of this research report @ https://www.gminsights.com/request-sample/detail/782
MMA will be a key potential application for this platform. Manufacturers are focusing on producing bio-MMA due to rising preference for sustainable products. Lucite International, a Mitsubishi Rayon subsidiary is working on the Bio-MMA production from itaconic acid. MMA application is projected to be valued over 80 million by 2024.
U.S. Itaconic Acid Market size, by application, 2015 & 2024 (USD Million)
Synthetic latex catered to more than 50% of the total 2015 demand. Rising demand for paints & coatings, carpets, textiles, and adhesive & sealants owing to construction industry expansion are driving synthetic latex demand. Itaconic acid is primarily used for polymer stabilization to enhance quality.
Make an inquiry for purchasing this report @ https://www.gminsights.com/inquiry-before-buying/782
High production cost along with presence of low-priced substitutes such as acetone cyanohydrins may impact itaconic acid market size in terms pf penetration. Manufacturers are consistently investing in R&D to add and develop new production processes in order to reduce production cost, and enhance chemical performance.
Innovations to improve substrate conversion yield by increasing biosynthesis pathway efficiency may result in lower production cost. E. coli and Aspergillus niger’s genetic modification are likely to contribute in making the chemical more economical.
Browse key industry insights spread across 150 pages with 110 market data tables & 10 figures& charts from the report, “Itaconic Acid Market Size By Application (Synthetic Latex, Superabsorbent Polymers, Chelant Dispersant Agents, Unsaturated Polyester Resins, Methyl Methacrylate, Detergent Builders), Downstream Derivatives (Polyitaconic Acid, Unsaturated Esters, 2-methyl-1,4-BDO, 3-methyl-THF), Industry Analysis Report, Regional Outlook (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Austria, Sweden, Russia, China, India, Japan, Australia, Thailand, South Korea, Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, UAE, Saudi Arabia), Growth Potential, Price Trend, Competitive Market Share & Forecast, 2016 – 2024” in detail along with the table of contents:
Key insights from the report include:
- China itaconic acid market size may exceed USD 20 million by 2024. The production is mainly concentrated in China due to presence of abundant natural resources and advanced fermentation technology.
- Superabsorbent polymers (SAP) market was over USD 5 million for 2015. SAP applications are not only limited to diaper and hygiene products, but also in medical, construction, and agriculture applications owing to its high water retaining and absorbing properties. Itaconic acid is used as a cross-linking agent in SAP owing to its efficient polymerization properties.
- UK itaconic acid market size was over USD 2 million for 2015. EU compliances to discourage petrochemical’s production along with rising consumer health consciousness will stimulate regional growth.
- Sodium tripolyphosphate (STPP), most widely used detergent builder is already sidelined in North America and Europe laundry detergent markets owing to rising eutrophication risk which may positively influence detergent builders’ application segment. Detergent builders’ application is projected to surpass USD 20 million valuation by 2024.
- Global itaconic acid market share is fairly fragmented with a number of manufacturers mainly concentrated in Asia Pacific. In terms of production output, Zhejiang Guoguang, Jinan Huaming Biochemistry, and Qingdao Kehai Biochemistry are major industry players.
- Other major industry participants which are focusing on addressable applications include Lucite, Itaconix, and DSM
About Global Market Insights:
Global Market Insights, Inc., headquartered in Delaware, U.S., is a global market research and consulting service provider; offering syndicated and custom research reports along with growth consulting services. Our business intelligence and industry research reports offer clients with penetrative insights and actionable market data specially designed and presented to aid strategic decision making. These exhaustive reports are designed via a proprietary research methodology and are available for key industries such as chemicals, advanced materials, technology, renewable energy and biotechnology.