Venous thromboembolism (VTE) is a potentially lethal disease consisting of two related conditions: deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE). There remains a small subset of patients with absolute or relative contraindication to anticoagulation, at high risk of embolism, or prone to PE despite adequate anticoagulation. For these patients, physicians may opt to place an inferior vena cava filter (IVCF) as a therapeutic or prophylactic treatment. While historically the adoption of IVCF increased rapidly due to the introduction of retrievable devices, new clinical evidence has come to light that is likely to inhibit any significant market expansion over the coming years.
This report focuses on the market outlook for IVCF in the major regional medical device markets of North America (Canada, Mexico, and the US), Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, and the UK), Asia-Pacific (APAC) (Australia, China, India, Japan, and South Korea), and South America (Brazil). The global market forecast for this technology is determined for the 15 countries covered in the report.
Key Questions Answered
– What is the current and future inferior vena cava filters market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the global market?
– Which are the key, high growth markets that device manufacturers should expand into? Which markets are growing the fastest, and what are the top-selling products in each segment?
– What are the unmet needs with the current generation of devices ? How will emerging technologies such as convertible and resorbable filters fulfill these unmet needs?
– What is the physician perception of this technology? Which indications have been treated most successfully using inferior vena cava filters?
– What are the challenges and complications that have hindered widespread adoption?
– With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the global inferior vena cava filters market?
– Historically, the US market has accounted for the majority of the global IVCF market due to a rapid increase in prophylactic usage of filters.
– Future growth in the IVCF market will be driven primarily by increasing prophylactic usage of filters in transient high-risk patients.
– The development of programs ensuring filter retrieval will increase filter retrieval rates, subsequently reducing overall complication rates associated with the device
– New technologies such convertible filters are intriguing as they have potential to resolve issues with earlier devices. Filters with integrated ports and lumens that can double as a central venous catheter are also seeing increased adoption.
– Overview of the inferior vena cava filters market, including reimbursement trends and M&A analysis
– Annualized total market revenue by type of device, procedure trends, and market outlooks by region through 2022.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement and regulatory considerations, evaluating market access in each region covered in the report, and implications of the emerging technologies on the market.
– Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development and analysis of emerging trends in design.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global inferior vena cava filters market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, opportunities, barriers and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global IVCF market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global IVCF market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track device sales in the global and inferior vena cava filters market from 2013-2022.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Important points from table of content:
Table 1: Medicare Reimbursement Coding and Payments for Inferior Vena Cava Filters, 2016 12
Table 2: Key Mergers, Acquisitions, and Partnerships in Inferior Vena Cava Filters Market 17
Table 3: Trackable Adverse Event Incidences Associated with Inferior Vena Cava Filters 18
Table 4: Filter Retrieval Success Rates, by Brand (CIRSE Registry) 19
Table 5: ALN – Company SWOT Analysis 24
Table 6: ALN – Marketed Products Assessment 25
Table 7: Argon Medical Devices – Company SWOT Analysis 26
Table 8: Argon Medical Devices – Marketed Products Assessment 27
Table 9: B. Braun – Company SWOT Analysis 28
Table 10: B. Braun – Marketed Products Assessment 28
Table 11: Boston Scientific – Company SWOT Analysis 29
Table 12: Boston Scientific – Marketed Products Assessment 30
Table 13: C.R. Bard – Company SWOT Analysis 31
Table 14: C.R. Bard – Marketed Products Assessment 32
Table 15: Cook Medical – Company SWOT Analysis 33
Table 16: Cook Medical – Marketed Products Assessment 34
Table 17: Cordis (Cardinal Health) – Company SWOT Analysis 35
Table 18: Cordis – Marketed Products Assessment 36
Table 19: Volcano – Company SWOT Analysis 37
Table 20: Volcano – Marketed Products Assessment 37
Table 21: Other Players Assessment 39 Continued…….
For more information or any query mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe. Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available.
WISE GUY RESEARCH CONSULTANTS PVT LTD
75 Arlington Street, Suite 500,
Boston, Massaachusetts – 02116
United States of America
+1 646 845 9349 / +44 208 133 9349