Frontier Pharma: Glioblastoma Multiforme Market – Cancer Immunotherapies Dominate First-in-Class Product Innovation
Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) Market is a grade IV tumor that arises from astrocytes. It is the most common and aggressive human brain tumor, accounting for 15.4% of all primary brain tumors and 60-75% of all astrocytomas. It has a peak incidence between 55 and 84 years of age, with the median age of diagnosis being 64 years. In the US and EU, the annual incidence was estimated to be three to four cases per 100,000 people. GBM has a high degree of intratumoral heterogeneity, which is associated with poor prognosis and the development of drug resistance.
Browse more detail information about Glioblastoma Multiforme Market to 2022 Report at:
The GBM market is characterized by a small selection of marketed product options, consisting of chemotherapies, cancer immunotherapies and receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor products. The pipeline is moderately large, with 512 products active across all stages of development. First-in-class products only constitute approximately a quarter of the pipeline, and represent 31% of products with a disclosed target. The most widely studied group of first-in-class targets are the receptor tyrosine kinase and ligand inhibitors, a trend that has been heavily influenced by the success of Avastin, and possibly successful EGFR inhibitors such as Tarceva that are used in the treatment of other oncology indications.
Get a PDF Sample of Cardiovascular Disease Market to 2022 Research Report at: http://www.absolutereports.com/enquiry/request-sample/10353082
Potential driving factors for the market include a typically poor outcome for treated patients, a growing patient pool if disease prognosis can be improved, a lack of approved options in the market, and a strong understanding of the disease pathophysiology that has developed over the last decade, facilitating the development of novel compounds that may fulfil the unmet needs.
Overall, due to the highly complex and polygenic nature of GBM, which has numerous subtype classifications, it is unlikely that the inhibition of a single target will be sufficient to substantially improve patient prognosis. Instead, it is more likely that the concurrent use of multiple targeted therapies, along with other available modes of therapy, may improve treatment outcomes. First-in-class targets analysed in this report have shown encouraging efficacy profiles, and some show the ability to chemosensitize cancer cells.
Scope of Glioblastoma Multiforme Market:
- The report analyzes innovation in GBM, in the context of the overall pipeline and current market landscape. In addition, it analyzes the deals landscape surrounding first-in-class products, and pinpoints opportunities for in-licensing.
- A brief introduction to GBM, including symptoms, pathophysiology, and an overview of pharmacotherapy and treatment algorithms.
- The changing molecular target landscape between the market and the pipeline, including particular focal points of innovation in the pipeline.
- A comprehensive review of the pipeline for first-in-class therapies, analyzed on the basis of stage of development, molecule type and molecular target.
- Identification and assessment of first-in-class molecular targets, with a particular focus on early-stage programs for which clinical utility has yet to be evaluated, as well as literature reviews on novel molecular targets.
- Assessment of the licensing and co-development deal landscape for GBM therapies.
Purchase Report @ http://www.absolutereports.com/purchase/10353082
Reasons to buy Glioblastoma Multiforme Market:
- Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape, including a comprehensive study of disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis and the available treatment options.
- Visualize the composition of the GBM market in terms of dominant molecule types and targets, highlighting what the current unmet needs are and how they can be addressed. This knowledge allows a competitive understanding of the gaps in the current market.
- Analyze the GBM pipeline, stratified by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target.
- Assess the therapeutic potential of first-in-class targets. Using a proprietary matrix, first-in-class products have been assessed and ranked according to clinical potential. Promising early-stage targets have been further reviewed in greater detail.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the GBM deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals.
Have any query? Ask our expert @ http://www.absolutereports.com/enquiry/pre-order-enquiry/10353082
Detailed TOC of Frontier Pharma: Glioblastoma Multiforme Market – Cancer Immunotherapies Dominate First-in-Class Product Innovation
- 1 Table of Contents
- 1 Table of Contents 2
- List of Tables 3
- List of Figures 3
- Executive Summary 4
- Low Prevalence but a High Unmet Need and a Limited Number of Marketed Options 4
- Moderately Sized but Innovative Pipeline 4
- Moderately Active Deals Landscape, Mostly Involving Currently Established Targets 4
- The Case for Innovation in the Glioblastoma Multiforme Market 5
- Growing Opportunities for Biologic Products 5
- Diversification of Molecular Targets 6
- Innovative First-in-Class Product Developments Remain Attractive 6
- Changes in Clinical and Commercial Environment to be More Favorable to Products Targeting Niche Patient Populations and Indications 6
- Sustained Innovation 7
- Report Guidance 7
- Clinical and Commercial Landscape 8
- Disease Overview 8
- 8 Classification 15
- 8.1 Loss of Heterozygosity of Chromosome 10 16
- 8.2 Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Amplification 17
- 8.3 Phosphatase and Tensin Homolog Mutation 17
- 8.4 Loss of p53 Function 17
- 8.5 p16INK4a Alteration and Loss of Normal Retinoblastoma 1 Function 17
- 8.6 Isocitrate Dehydrogenase 1 or Isocitrate Dehydrogenase 2 Mutation 18
- 9 Glioblastoma Multiforme Treatment 18
- 10 Surgery and Radiation Therapy 18
- 11 Overview of Marketed Products for Glioblastoma Multiforme 19
Get Discount on Cardiovascular Disease Market to 2022 Research Report at: http://www.absolutereports.com/enquiry/request-discount/10353082
About Absolute Report:
Absolute Reports is an upscale platform to help key personnel in the business world in strategizing and taking visionary decisions based on facts and figures derived from in-depth market research. We are one of the top report resellers in the market dedicated towards bringing you an ingenious concoction of data parameters.
Mr. Ameya Pingaley
+1-408 520 9750
Get more market research related news @ www.marketresearch.news