Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM) is a metabolic disease characterized by chronic hyperglycaemia (high blood glucose levels). Global prevalence has risen rapidly in the past several decades, particularly in line with obesity. This has been attributed to a range of factors, including economic development, increasing urbanization, aging populations, and changes in lifestyle patterns such as reduced levels of physical activity and consumption of higher-calorie diets.
This has led to strong commercial interest in the development of T2DM therapeutics. The current market is large and diverse, comprising several drug classes, including generic and branded drugs. Owing to the range of therapeutic options available, the treatment algorithm is complex.
Browse more detail information about Diabetes Mellitus Therapeutics in Market:
Scope Diabetes Mellitus Therapeutics in Market:
– Metformin monotherapy will remain the first-line pharmacotherapy for T2DM.
– The emergence of several new drug classes over the past decade, namely the Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists, Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 (DPP-4) inhibitors, and Sodium–Glucose Cotransporter 2 (SGLT-2) inhibitors, has led to considerable market growth.
– Which products lead these drug classes and what threats do they face from the pipeline?
– How will the continued uptake of newer drug classes impact established drug classes such as the sulfonylureas and thiazolidinedione’s?
– Leading insulin therapy Lantus (insulin glargine) recently lost patent protection in most major markets.
– Will recently approved insulin therapies such as Tresiba (insulin degludec) and Toujeo (insulin glargine) be able to capture a significant portion of Lantus’ market share?
– The pipeline is large and highly innovative, comprising a range of molecule types and molecular targets.
– How do different molecule types and molecular targets compare in terms of average failure rate, clinical trial duration, and clinical trial size?
– Which late-stage pipeline molecules show the most promise and how will they impact the treatment algorithm over the forecast period?
– Which late-stage pipeline molecules are expected to generate the highest revenues?
– Over the 2014–2021 forecast period, the global T2DM market is expected to increase in value at a CAGR of 7.5% from $23.5 billion to $39.0 billion.
– How do prevalence, diagnosis, and treatment patterns vary in the eight major markets?
– Which factors will drive market growth most significantly?
– Strategic consolidation activity in T2DM is considerable, with US-based companies being key players.
– Do T2DM products tend to attract high levels of investment?
Get a PDF Sample of Diabetes Mellitus Therapeutics in Market:
Reasons to buy Diabetes Mellitus Therapeutics in Market:
– Understand the clinical context of the T2DM indication and the global burden of the disease by considering epidemiology, symptoms, ethology, pathophysiology, co-morbidities and complications, disease classification, disease prognosis, and treatment options
– Appreciate the current T2DM marketed products landscape, including the dominant therapeutic strategies, products, and companies, and recognize gaps within the market and areas of unmet need
– Identify key pipeline trends in molecule type and molecular target
– Recognize the late-stage pipeline molecules that have demonstrated strong therapeutic potential in T2DM by examining clinical trial data and multi-scenario product forecast projections
– Consider market opportunities and potential risks by examining trends in T2DM clinical trial size, duration, and failure rate by phase of development, molecule type, and molecular target
– Discern variances in treatment usage patterns, annual therapy costs, and market growth projections for the US, Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Japan
– Discover how strategic consolidations have shaped the current T2DM pipeline and marketed products landscapes
Have any query? ask our expert @ http://www.absolutereports.com/enquiry/pre-order-enquiry/10070556
List of Figures, Tables and Charts Available in Diabetes Mellitus Therapeutics in Markets to – Increasing Prevalence of Hypertension Drives Market Growth despite Weak Pipeline
1.1 List of Tables
Table 1: Dose Levels for Groups Initially Receiving Metformin in Combination with Glyburide, Metformin Monotherapy and Glyburide Monotherapy
Table 2: T2DM Therapeutics Market, Global, Breakdown of Multiple Molecular Targets, 2015
Table 3: T2DM Therapeutics Market, Global, Breakdown of ‘Other’ Molecular Targets, 2015
Table 4: T2DM Therapeutics, Global, All Pipeline Products, Discovery Phase, 2015
Table 5: T2DM Therapeutics, Global, All Pipeline Products, Preclinical Phase, 2015
Table 6: T2DM Therapeutics, Global, All Pipeline Products, IND/CTA-filed Phase, 2015
Table 7: T2DM Therapeutics, Global, All Pipeline Products, Phase I, 2015
Table 8: T2DM Therapeutics, Global, All Pipeline Products, Phase II, 2015
Table 9: T2DM Therapeutics, Global, All Pipeline Products, Phase III, 2015
Table 10: T2DM Therapeutics, Global, All Pipeline Products, Pre-registration Phase, 2015
Get Discount on Diabetes Mellitus Therapeutics in Markets:
About Absolute Report:
Absolute Reports is an upscale platform to help key personnel in the business world in strategizing and taking visionary decisions based on facts and figures derived from in-depth market research. We are one of the top report resellers in the market dedicated towards bringing you an ingenious concoction of data parameters.
Mr. Ameya Pingaley
+1-408 520 9750
Get more market research related news @ www.marketresearch.news