Parkinson’s Disease (PD) is the second most common neurodegenerative disease after Alzheimer’s disease, affecting around 7.4 million people worldwide. It is caused by the progressive loss of dopamine-producing neurons in the substantia nigra within the basal ganglia.
Browse more detail information about Parkinson’s Disease Market:
The main motor symptoms are tremors, bradykinesia and rigidity, although symptoms vary between individuals. As the disease progresses to more advanced stages, increasing symptoms and complications develop, which can cause severe disability in patients.
Get a PDF Sample of Parkinson’s Disease Market:
Scope of Parkinson’s Disease Market:
PD is a crowded market with many neuromodulatory drug classes available. However, a disease-modifying therapy with neuroprotective effects is yet to be developed.
– What are the primary mechanisms that are thought to contribute to neuronal death?
– What are the major barriers facing the development of investigational neuroprotective candidates?
Analysis reveals a high level of innovation and diversity in the pipeline, with 121 first-in-class programs acting on 57 unique molecular targets.
Neuromodulatory targets remain the dominant target family, particularly in the late-stage pipeline.
– What are the first-in-class families with a significant presence?
– How well do they align with the underlying pathways governing neuronal death in PD?
Some of the first-in-class targets have a potentially stronger chance of being translated into novel treatments for PD.
– What is the scientific rationale behind these targets? How do they perform in Preclinical studies?
– What are the commonly used disease models and the parameters measuring neuroprotective effects in PD animal studies?
Deals involving first-in-class PD products are more likely to be made in earlier stages of development than non-first-in-class deals.
– What is the dominant molecular target in the PD deals landscape?
– What are the promising first-in-class products still available for future licensing?
Reasons to buy Parkinson’s Disease Market:
This report will allow you to –
– Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering the proposed pathogenic processes underlying PD neurodegeneration, diagnosis, prognosis, and the available treatment options and their usage in early and advanced PD.
– Visualize the composition of the PD market to highlight the current unmet needs in order to gain a competitive understanding of the key opportunities.
– Analyze the PD pipeline and stratify by stage of development, molecule type, and molecular target – the diversity of molecular targets in the pipeline is extremely encouraging due to the multifaceted nature of PD.
– Assess the therapeutic potential of first-in-class targets using a proprietary matrix that assesses and ranks first-in-class products according to clinical potential.
– Target the most promising and innovative PD products for early-stage investment by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals and accessing a curated list of first-in-class therapies potentially open to deal-making opportunities.
Have any query? ask our expert @ http://www.absolutereports.com/enquiry/pre-order-enquiry/10070571
List of Figures, Tables and Charts Available in Frontier Pharma: Parkinson’s Disease – Identifying and Commercializing First-in-Class Innovation
1.1 List of Tables
Table 1: Definition of the Stages of Disability in Hoehn and Yahr Scale, 1967 20
Table 2: Evaluation of Disability by Unified Parkinson Disease Rating Scale, 2013 211.2 List of Figures
Figure 1: Innovation Trends in Product Approvals, 1987-2013 5
Figure 2: Sales Performance of First-in-Class and Non-First-in-Class Products Post Marketing Approval, 2006-2013 7
Figure 3: Indirect and Direct Pathways in Basal Ganglia 14
Figure 4: Molecular Targets of Marketed Products 27
Figure 5: Treatment Algorithm of Parkinson’s Disease 28
Figure 6: Efficacy and Safety of Treatments for Early Parkinson’s Disease 30
Figure 7: Efficacy and Safety of Treatments for Advanced Parkinson’s Disease 32
Figure 8: Efficacy and Safety of Treatment for Non-Motor Symptoms in Parkinson’s Disease 33
Figure 9: Developmental Pipeline Overview 36
Figure 10: Parkinson’s Disease Pipeline by Molecular Target 37
Figure 11: Parkinson’s Disease Pipeline by Molecular Target 39
Figure 12: Molecular Target Category Comparison, Pipeline and Marketed Products 40
Figure 13: Molecular Target Category Comparison, Pipeline First-in-Class and Established Molecular Targets 42
Get Discount on Parkinson’s Disease Market:
About Absolute Report:
Absolute Reports is an upscale platform to help key personnel in the business world in strategizing and taking visionary decisions based on facts and figures derived from in-depth market research. We are one of the top report resellers in the market dedicated towards bringing you an ingenious concoction of data parameters.
Mr. Ameya Pingaley
+1-408 520 9750
Get more market research related news @ www.marketresearch.news