MarketResearchReports.biz has recently announced the addition of a market study “ OpportunityAnalyzer: Huntingtons Disease – Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2024 ”, is a comparative analysis of the global market.
OpportunityAnalyzer: Huntingtons Disease – Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2024
Huntingtons Disease (HD) is a rare, autosomal-dominant, neurodegenerative disorder, characterized by impaired motor control, cognitive dysfunction, behavioral changes, and mood disorders. Approved treatments for HD across the 7MM are extremely limited, consisting of only two symptomatic treatments, tetrabenazine and tiapride, which are both approved for the treatment of HD-associated chorea. Other treatment options contributing to the HD market are off-label symptomatic drugs, many of which are widely genericized throughout the 7MM. Four late-stage pipeline drugs, two symptomatic treatments (SD-809 and pridopidine) and two potential DMDs (RP103 and PBT2) are expected to launch in the US and 5EU markets during the forecast period, and will be a source of significant growth in the HD market. It is anticipated that SD-809 and pridopidine will also launch in Japan within the forecast period.
Key Questions Answered
– The HD market has been dominated by tetrabenazine and tiapride (approved in Germany, Italy, and Spain; off-label in France and Japan) for many years, with little approved therapeutic options available in the 7MM. New classes of drugs are anticipated to reach the market within the forecast period. How will these change the market overall during the forecast period? Will tetrabenazine maintain market dominance in 2024?
– The current late stage HD pipeline is varied, with first-in-class drugs in development with innovative modes of action. Which of these will have the biggest impact on the market? What strategies are developers undertaking to penetrate this chronically underserved market? Will these fulfil any unmet needs?
– The main driver of growth in the HD market will be the introduction of premium-priced disease-modifying drugs and improved symptomatic therapies over the forecast period. The launch of these treatments will act as a stimulant for growth in this chronically underserved market.
– Significant barriers to growth in the HD market will be the high cost of novel treatments and potential issues surrounding reimbursement, which will limit the use of more expensive drugs. Patients who have an acceptable level of symptomatic control with currently marketed drugs could result in limited treatment costs for HD.
Download The sample Copy Of This Report: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/774306
– The arrival of new therapies across the 7MM will increase treatment rates and provide alternative options for many patients.
– The largest unmet needs in the HD market are the development of efficacious disease-modifying drugs and symptomatic treatments. In addition, the identification of a robust HD biomarker for monitoring disease progression, as well as determining the effects of therapeutic interventions, is a significant unmet need in this field.
– Overview of HD, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
– Annualized HD market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2014 and forecast for ten years to 2024.
– Key topics covered include market characterization, unmet needs, R&D and clinical trials assessment, late stage clinical trial analysis and implications for the HD therapeutics market.
– Pipeline analysis: focus on the six late-stage pipeline HD drugs discussing emerging trends as well as overview of earlier phase drugs.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global HD therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HD therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global HD therapeutics market in future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global HD therapeutics market from 2014-2024.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table Of Content
1 Table of Contents 9
1.1 List of Tables 14
1.2 List of Figures 17
2 Introduction 18
2.1 Catalyst 18
2.2 Related Reports 18
3 Disease Overview 19
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 19
3.1.1 Etiology 19
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 22
3.2 Quality of Life 29
3.3 Symptoms 29
3.4 Diagnosis and Disease Monitoring 30
4 Epidemiology 35
4.1 Disease Background 35
4.2 Risk Factors and Complications 36
4.3 Global Trends 36
4.3.1 Diagnosed Prevalence of HD-7MM 36
4.4 Forecast Methodology 39
4.4.1 Sources Used 42
4.4.2 Sources Not Used 44
4.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 45
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast of HD (2014-2024) 47
4.5.1 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases 47
4.5.2 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HD by Age at Onset 59
4.5.3 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Adults with Juvenile-Onset HD that Progressed to Adulthood, Ages 20 Years 60
4.6 Discussion 62
4.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 62
4.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 63
4.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 64
5 Current Treatment Options 65
5.1 Overview 65
5.1.1 Antipsychotic Drugs 67
5.1.2 Antidepressant Drugs 73
5.1.3 Benzodiazepines 77
5.1.4 Anticonvulsant Drugs 81
5.1.5 Antiparkinson Drugs 85
5.1.6 Botulinum Toxin Type A 87
5.2 Product Profiles-Major Brands 89
5.2.1 Xenazine (Tetrabenazine) 89
5.2.2 Tiapride 97
6 Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis 102
6.1 Overview 102
6.2 Disease-Modifying Drugs 103
6.2.1 Unmet Need 103
6.2.2 Gap Analysis 104
6.2.3 Opportunity 107
6.3 Efficacious Cognitive Enhancers 108
6.3.1 Unmet Need 108
6.3.2 Gap Analysis 109
6.3.3 Opportunity 110
6.4 Improved Symptomatic Treatments 111