Insomnia – US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023 Size and Share Published in 2015-02-27 Available for US$ 4995 at Researchmoz.us
Insomnia is the most common sleep disorder and is believed to affect approximately 35% of the global population. The condition can be defined as patient-reported difficultly with sleep initiation or sleep maintenance which can include frequent awakenings, difficulty returning to sleep after awakenings, or awakening too early with inability to return to sleep. Cases of insomnia can be classified on the basis of etiology into primary and secondary (or comorbid) subtypes. The insomnia market is widely genericized creating a competitive environment for new products. As such, the treatment algorithm centers on the generically available nonbenzodiazepines and low-dose sedating antidepressants, despite the launch of numerous novel agents. The value of the insomnia market is set to further decline following the loss of exclusivity for Sunovion/Dainippon Sumitomos Lunesta, the top selling insomnia drug, in April 2014. However, GlobalData expects the launch of two pipeline products from a novel class of drugs to provide growth in the insomnia market as they may address some of the unmet need.
GlobalData expects Belsomra to be the top-selling insomnia product in the US in 2023, generating sales of approximately $358.9m. This is largely due to Belsomra being first-in-class with the potential to address some unmet need in the insomnia market due to its safety profile. In addition, all other key brands will face generic competition at the end of the forecast period in the US, leading to significant erosion of sales.
*This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 24 hrs. (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
Get a Sample Copy of the Report: http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=841030
– Overview of Insomnia including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
– Detailed information on the key drugs in the US including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
– Sales forecast for the top drugs in the US from 2013-2023.
– Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the US Insomnia market.
Reasons to buy
– Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
– Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Insomnia.
– Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
– Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance
– Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2013-2023 in the US.
Inquiry on this report: http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=E&repid=841030
Table of Content
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 5
1.2 List of Figures 8
2 Introduction 9
2.1 Catalyst 9
2.2 Related Reports 9
3 Disease Overview 10
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 10
3.1.1 Etiology 10
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 16
3.2 Classification 17
3.3 Symptoms 20
3.4 Prognosis 20
4 Disease Management 22
4.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 22
4.1.1 Clinical Evaluation 22
4.1.2 Referral 26
4.1.3 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs 26
4.1.4 Clinical Practice 28
4.2 US 32
5 Competitive Assessment 36
5.1 Overview 36
5.2 Product Profiles – Major Brands 38
5.2.1 Nonbenzodiazepines 38
5.2.2 Benzodiazepines 77
5.2.3 Melatonin Receptor Agonists 82
5.2.4 Low-Dose Sedating Antidepressants 101
5.2.5 Orexin Receptor Antagonists 114
5.3 Other Therapeutic Classes 125
Browse All Pharmaceutical Market Research Reports at: http://www.researchmoz.us/pharmaceutical-market-reports-38.html
ResearchMoz is the world’s fastest growing collection of market research reports worldwide. Our database is composed of current market studies from over 100 featured publishers worldwide. Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives.