MarketResearchReports.biz has added a report to its database on the pharmaceutical industry. The report, titled “COPD Therapeutics In Major Developed Markets To 2021 – Emergence Of Addition-In-Class And First-In-Class Products Offsets Sales Erosion Of Leading Brands” analyzes the dynamics of the global COPD market in order to provide valuable information on the prevailing competitive landscape and scope of growth in the near future.
The global market for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is associated with the provision of drugs and therapeutic products for those suffering from this ailment. COPD is a progressive and chronic inflammation of the lungs and its airways.
The global COPD market currently holds 203 products that are actively in the development stage. This does not include 4 products whose stages of development are currently unknown. The report explains that a majority of the pipeline products in the global COPD market belong to the known and trusted brands, while there is a line of novel, first-in-class drugs. These type of treatments are extremely crucial in gauging medicine’s understanding of COPD.
According to the report, the global COPD market will exhibit a CAGR of 2.9% till 2021. The market was valued at US$9.2 bn in 2014. By the end of 2021, the global COPD market will be valued at US$11.2 bn.
The report further states that the high rate of attrition in the global COPD market trials is creating a restraint in its growth rate. The current attrition rate of COPD trials is 89.6%.
For Sample Copy, click here: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/499482
The report provides historical relevancies to the global COPD market in order to fully realize the future of the market. For instance, the report states that since 2006, there have been 59 licensing deals and 41 deals for COPD products co-development.
The report provides a wide-angled scope of the global COPD market, citing multiple additions that have benefitted the market in the recent past.
Some of the key aspects of the global COPD market discussed in the report include the drug classes that dominate the market, the newly-approved COPD therapies and their value addition to the market, and a direct comparison of the leading market therapies from a clinical point of view.
Other areas included in the report are the identification of the molecular targets that can be placed in the pipeline with the highest frequency, the placement of new therapies in the global COPD market, and the failure rates in the clinical development of individual phases.
COPD creates multiple health problems such as difficulty in breathing and repeated exacerbations of symptoms, which makes it one of the leading lung-related causes of morbidity. COPD is the fifth-largest cause of death globally. It is caused primarily due to tobacco smoke and environmental pollutants.
A large number of pharmaceutical products are available for the treatment of COPD. However, none of the treatments show any kind of long-term action against the progressive disease.
The COPD market has benefited from notable additions over recent years.
- Which classes of drug dominate the market?
- What additional benefits have newly approved therapies brought to market?
- How do the leading marketed therapies compare clinically?
- The pipeline contains a range of molecule types and molecular targets, including those that are well established in COPD, and novel, first-in-class therapies.
- Which molecular targets appear most frequently in the pipeline?
- How will the new therapies be positioned in the treatment of COPD?
- How have selected late-stage pipeline therapies performed in clinical trials?
- COPD clinical trials have an overall attrition rate of 89.6%.
- What are the failure rates for individual Phases of clinical development?
- How do COPD clinical trial characteristics, including failure rate, duration, and size compare against respiratory and industry averages?
- The COPD market is forecast to rise from a value of $9.2 billion in 2014 to $11.2 billion in 2021, at a CAGR of 2.9% across the eight major markets assessed.
- How much of a role will disease prevalence and new product approvals play in market growth?
- Will generic competition have a significant impact on the market over the forecast period?
- There have been 59 licensing deals and 41 co-development deals pertaining to COPD products since 2006.
- Which territories show the most deal activity?
- What were the trends in deal completion by product stage of development?
- What were the conditions of the key licensing or co-development deals to take place in COPD?
To order report Call Toll Free: 866-997-4948 or send an email on email@example.com