ASTHMA THERAPEUTICS IN ASIA-PACIFIC MARKETS TO 2021 – HIGH PREVALENCE AND LAUNCH OF LATE-STAGE BIOLOGICS WILL DRIVE THE MARKET IN SPITE OF AFFORDABILITY CONCERNS
Asthma is a common chronic inflammatory disease of the airways, which is characterized by recurrent attacks of breathlessness and wheezing. These symptoms vary in frequency and severity for different patients. The exact causes of asthma are still unknown, considering it to be a result of combination of factors, with two major factors thought to be involved are environmental exposure and host factors, particularly genes.
Browse more detail information about Asthma Treatment Market:
Asthma treatment can be classed as either a long-term control medication that is aimed at controlling persistent asthma, or a quick-relief medication, for the relief of exacerbations and acute symptoms. Long-term control medication includes Immunomodulators, Inhaled Corticosteroids (ICS), cromolyn sodium, leukotriene modifiers, nedocromil and methylxanthines. Additionally, Long-Acting Beta-Adrenoceptor Agonists (LABAs) can be used in combination with ICSs, but not as monotherapies for moderate or severe persistent asthma. Currently, only one biologic – Xolair (omalizumab), has been approved as an add-on therapy for treating allergic asthma in the Asia-Pacific region. Nevertheless, significant unmet requirements remain for the treatment of severe eosinophilic asthma.
Get a PDF Sample of Asthma Treatment Market:
Scope of Asthma Treatment Market:
The current Asia-Pacific asthma market in the contains novel products, including Xolair, a recombinant humanized monoclonal anti-IgE antibody; Seretide/Adoair, an ICS-LABA combination therapy; Relvar/Breo, an ICS-LABA combination therapy, and Spiriva, a LAMA.
– What are the competitive advantages of the existing novel drugs?
With more than 274 active pipeline molecules, most of the late-stage investigational drug candidates are being examined, with improved dosage regimens and administration routes in comparison to currently marketed products.
– Which classes of novel drugs are most common within the pipeline?
– Is there strong potential for the pipeline to address unmet requirements within the asthma market – specifically for severe eosinophilic asthma?
In-depth study of clinical trials since 2006 has identified that the failure rates of asthma molecules were highest in Phase III (46%), with the overall rate of attrition for asthma in development being 78%.
– How do failure rates vary based on product stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action?
– How do other factors, such as average trial duration and trial size impact the costs and risks that are associated with the development of product?
Over the 2014–2021 forecast period, the asthma therapeutics market in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to rise at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.2%, from $3.5 billion touching over $5.6 billion.
– Which markets are making the major contribution to the current market size?
– What are the epidemiology trends in these markets?
– Will new entrants lead to substantial changes in annual therapy costs?
– How will various treatment usage patterns impact growth in the five assessed Asia-Pacific markets?
Rising asthma prevalence and uptake of newer biologics will lead to significant market growth over the forecast period, in spite of affordability concerns.
– Will affordability deter the commercial success of currently existing drugs as well as newly coming biologics?
– Which of the assessed countries have affordability concerns?
Reasons to buy Asthma Treatment Market:
This report will enable you to –
– Understand the clinical scenario of asthma by considering symptoms pathophysiology, epidemiology, etiology, diagnosis and treatment options.
– Identify the therapeutic strategies, products, and companies that dominate the current marketed products landscape and understand gaps and areas of unmet need.
– Identify key pipeline trends in type of molecule, mechanism of action, administration route, and novelty.
– Consider market scope and opportunities along with potential risks by evaluating trends in the duration of asthma clinical, trial size and failure rate based on stage of development, molecule type, and mechanism of action.
– Recognize the late-stage pipeline molecules that have showcased strong therapeutic potential in asthma by examining clinical trial data and multi-scenario product forecast projections.
– Compare treatment usage patterns, annual therapy costs, and market growth projections for India, Australia, South Korea, China, and Japan.
– Discover trends in licensing and co-development deals concerning asthma products and identify the major strategic consolidations shaping the commercial landscape.
Have any query? Ask our expert @ http://www.absolutereports.com/enquiry/pre-order-enquiry/10111227
List of Figures, Tables and Charts Available in Asthma Therapeutics in Asia-Pacific Markets to 2021 – High Prevalence and Launch of Late-Stage Biologics Will Drive the Market in Spite of Affordability Concerns
1.1 List of Tables
Table 1: Asthma Therapeutics Market, Global, Classification of Asthma Severity According to GINA Guidelines (2002) 12
Table 2: Asthma Therapeutics, Global, Management of Chronic Asthma in Adults and Children Above Five Years 14
Table 3: Asthma Diagnosis, Global, Symptoms and Management of Acute Asthma 15
Table 4: Asthma Trials, Global, Clinical Trial Endpoints 16
Table 5: Asthma Therapeutics, Global, All Pipeline Products, Discovery, 2015 106
Table 6: Asthma Therapeutics, Global, All Pipeline Products, Preclinical, 2015 107
Table 7: Asthma Therapeutics, Global, All Pipeline Products, Phase I, 2015 112
Table 8: Asthma Therapeutics, Global, All Pipeline Products, Phase II, 2015 113
Table 9: Asthma Therapeutics, Global, All Pipeline Products, Phase III, 2015 115
Table 10: Asthma Therapeutics, Global, All Pipeline Products, Pre-registration Phase, 2015 116
Get Discount on Asthma Treatment Market:
About Absolute Report:
Absolute Reports is an upscale platform to help key personnel in the business world in strategizing and taking visionary decisions based on facts and figures derived from in-depth market research. We are one of the top report resellers in the market dedicated towards bringing you an ingenious concoction of data parameters.
Mr. Ameya Pingaley
+1-408 520 9750
Get more market research related news @ www.marketresearch.news