Osteoporosis, the most common metabolic bone disease, is characterized by low bone mass, microarchitectural deterioration of bone tissue, and a consequent increase in fracture risk. Osteoporosis is generally known as an asymptomatic disease, as there are no visible signs until a fracture occur. In most of the cases, fracture is the clinical outcome associated with osteoporosis, and it has a complex pathogenesis that involves trauma to the bone and increased skeletal fragility. Osteoporosis is a major global public health problem, associated with significant morbidity, mortality, and socioeconomic burden. An aging global population will result in an increased number of people living with the condition, thereby acting as a driver for revenue growth.
The osteoporosis market is undergoing a gradual transition from a focus on antiresorptive therapies to anabolic drug treatment. The market is set to be driven by recently launched products, and the approval of drugs that will supplement current market leaders and offer greater therapeutic options. The marketed products landscape comprises a wide range of treatment options, including bisphosphonates, SERMs, RANKL inhibitors, a dual-action non-bisphosphonate (strontium ranelate), calcitonins and PTH analogues. Nevertheless, significant unmet need remains for products that can improve bone formation, as well as effective antiresorptive therapies that offer increased compliance with few side effects.
Receive copy of sample report at : https://marketreportscenter.com/request-sample/352657
The osteoporosis Asia-Pacific market will be valued at $7.7 billion in 2022, growing from $4.5 billion in 2015 at a CAGR of 7.8%.
– Bisphosphonates and SERMs dominate the osteoporosis market. However, unmet needs exist in terms of safety and efficacy. Will the drugs under development fulfill the unmet needs of the osteoporosis market?
– How will immunotherapies such as Prolia contribute to growth?
– What effect will the patent expirations of currently branded therapies have on market value?
The pipeline contains a range of molecule types and molecular targets, including those that are well established in osteoporosis, and novel, first-in-class therapies.
– Which molecular targets appear most frequently in the pipeline?
– Is there strong potential for the pipeline to address unmet needs within the osteoporosis market?
– Will the pipeline address unmet needs related to limited anabolic therapies for osteoporosis patients?
The market forecasts indicate that Japan will contribute the most to the Asia-Pacific market value, due to the emergence of novel therapies.
– How will the annual cost of therapy and market size vary between the five Asia-Pacific markets?
– How could changes in risk factors such as aging population, calcium and vitamin D deficiency influence the market?
Various drivers and barriers will influence the market over the forecast period.
– What are the barriers that limit the uptake of premium-priced therapeutics in the assessed countries?
– Which factors are most likely to drive the market in these countries?
Browse full report with TOC at : https://marketreportscenter.com/reports/352657/osteoporosis-therapeutics-in-asia-pacific-markets-to-2022-growth-driven-by-rising-prevalence-growing-awareness-and-expected-launch-of-anabolic-therapies
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to –
– Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis, and the treatment options available at each stage of diagnosis, including a clinical comparison of marketed therapies.
– Visualize the composition of the osteoporosis market in terms of dominant therapies, with their clinical and commercial standing. Unmet needs are highlighted to allow a competitive understanding of gaps in the current market.
– Analyze the osteoporosis pipeline and stratify pipeline therapies by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target.
– Understand the potential of late-stage therapies, with extensive profiles of products that could enter the market over the forecast period, highlighting clinical performance, potential commercial positioning, – and how they will compete with other therapies.
– Predict osteoporosis market growth in the five Asia-Pacific markets with epidemiological and annual cost of therapy forecasts across India, China, Australia, South Korea and Japan, as well as individual contributions of promising late-stage molecules to market growth.
– Identify commercial opportunities in the osteoporosis deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals.Asia-Pacific Osteoporosis Market Set to Reach $7.7 Billion by 2022 as Awareness Increases
The osteoporosis market in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region, which covers India, China, Australia, South Korea and Japan, is set to grow from $4.5 billion in 2015 to $7.7 billion in 2022, at a compound annual growth rate of 7.8%, according to report
The companys latest report states that this substantial growth can largely be attributed to the rising prevalence of osteoporosis, together with better diagnostic techniques, improving awareness, special healthcare programs for elderly populations, and increasing health insurance coverage.
Gayathri Kanika, Analyst for Report, notes: The expansion of health insurance coverage in the APAC region will mean a reduced economic burden on patients, and will provide easier access to healthcare, especially for rural residents. As such, the region will see an increase in osteoporosis diagnosis and treatment rates for osteoporosis drugs.
Public awareness of osteoporosis has risen over the last few years, leading to more frequent bone mineral density testing, and subsequently increasing the chances of early diagnosis. Furthermore, a number of APAC nations, including India and Australia, have also benefited from increased public investment in basic osteoporosis research funding.
In terms of new drugs, the late-stage osteoporosis pipeline contains promising anabolic and safer antiresorptive therapies that have the potential for approval and launch during the forecast period. Indeed, following the anticipated launch of anabolic therapies such as novel sclerostin inhibitors and human parathyroid hormone analogs, and first-in-class antiresorptive therapies such as cathepsin K inhibitors, the APAC osteoporosis market is likely to undergo rapid expansion.
Amgens Romosozumab (AMG-785) is the most promising pipeline candidate due to its once-monthly dose and its ability to significantly increase lumbar spine bone mineral density from baseline at 11.3%, femoral neck at 3.7%, and total hip at 4.1%. It will be the second treatment option for patients undergoing anabolic treatment if approved before abaloparatide, and will address the largest patient subset: post-menopausal osteoporosis.
Kanika concludes: The release of these drugs is expected to offset the impact of patent expiries on the market, particularly in Japan, where drugs such as Forteo and Boniva are due to expire in 2018 and 2021, respectively, while Viviant and Recalbon/Bonoteo will expire in 2019.
Receive maximum Discount at : https://marketreportscenter.com/request-discount/352657