GBI Research’s latest report, “”Pharmaceutical Deal Trends (2010–2015) and In-Depth Analysis of Recent Deal Activity”” discusses deal-making trends for a range of deal types, such as Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) and strategic alliances. It also examines preference by deal type, along with disclosed deal values from 2010 to July 2015, covering start-ups, mid-level players, and big players.
Pharmaceutical companies use deal activity to enhance their research activities, regulatory approach, geographic presence, commercialization, and sales. The increasing development of biologics, especially in oncology, has given a significant boost to activity in recent years. Analysis suggests that while the number of deals in 2015 (until July) was lower than the number of deals in 2014, deal value in 2015 has already exceeded that of 2014. Looking at the entire period, although strategic deals were more numerous, M&A deals had the highest deal value. Partnerships were the most preferred type of deal activity, but saw the lowest deal value. North America led in terms of region, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. Key deals covered in this report include the acquisition of Allergen by Actavis, asset transactions between Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline, and the partnership between Pfizer and Merck.
- Which challenges in the pharmaceutical industry are encouraging deal activity?
- How important is deal activity to the market?
Overview of deal activity from 2010 to 2015 –
- What are the trends for M&A and strategic deals, and what are the key differences between the sectors?
- What was the trend for regional involvement in each year?
- How do variations in terms of therapy area preference affect deal activity?
Detailed analysis of recent deal activity –
- How do announced and completed deals vary?
- How do deals in 2014 and 2015 compare in terms of quarterly volume and value?
- Which regions or therapy areas have encouraged recent deal activity?
- Who are the key players?
Complete analysis of recent M&A deals –
- How do M&A deal types differ in terms of number and value?
- Which regions and therapy areas have been involved in M&A deals since 2013?
- Who are the most important players in M&A deals?
- What was the rationale behind key M&A deals?
Complete analysis of recent strategic alliances –
- What are the different strategic alliance deal types?
- Which key regions and therapy areas have been involved in strategic alliances since 2013?
- Which important molecule types and routes of administration have recently been involved in strategic alliances?
- Who are the key players in strategic alliance deals?
- What was the rationale behind key strategic alliance deals?
Download Sample Report Copy: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/399070
Reasons to buy
This report will allow you to –
- Gain an insight into pharmaceutical deal activity via in-depth analysis of the current pharmaceutical industry, along with a focus on the most lucrative regions and therapy areas for both M&A and strategic deals
- Examine detailed analysis of key players, covering companies involved in M&A and strategic alliance deals, important deal activity for all deal types, and deals involving companies with the most numerous and highest-value deals.
- Understand how the current deals market is changing, using analysis of deals by molecule type, route of administration, and stage of development.
- Determine the most appropriate deal activity for overcoming challenges and enhancing performance, including detailed analysis of the rationale behind key recent deals.
Table of Contents
Traditional Model vs. Evolving Model
Factors Promoting Deal Activity
One-Stop Solution to Current Pharmaceutical Challenges
Overview of Pharmaceutical Deals from 2010 to 2015
Number of Pharmaceutical Deals and Value by Year
Pharmaceutical Deals by Region
Pharmaceutical Deals by Therapy Area
Overall Deal Analysis for 2014 and 2015
Announced and Completed Deals
Number of Deals and Deal Value by Deal Type
Number of Deals and Deal Value by Quarter
Regions of Deal Occurrence
Therapy Areas Promoting Deal Activity
Key Players in Deal Activity by Number of Deals and Deal Value
Mergers and Acquisitions Deal Activity for 2014 and 2015
Mergers and Acquisitions by Type of Deal and Deal Value
Mergers and Acquisitions by Region
Mergers and Acquisitions by Therapy area
Key Players in Mergers and Acquisitions
Description of Key Deals by Value
Strategic Alliances Deal Activity for 2014 and 2015
Strategic Alliance Deals by Type of Deal and Deal Value
Strategic Alliance Deals by Aggregate Deal Value, Upfront Payment and Milestone Payment
Strategic Alliance Deals by Region
Strategic Alliance Deals by Therapy Area
Strategic Alliance Deals by Product Phase
Strategic Alliance Deals by Molecule Type
Strategic Alliance Deals by Route of Administration
Key Players in Strategic Alliances
Description of Key Deals by Value
Bibliography and Appendix