Incontinence is categorized as a disease by the World Health Organization (WHO), as it affects 5% to 7% of the world’s population. Incontinence products is the personal care segment that is growing with highest rate due to aging population, increasing awareness, acceptance of incontinence products and product innovations to personalize products according to a particular consumer segments is driving the incontinence care industry. The WHO reports project that in almost every country the proportion of people aged over 60 years is growing faster than any other age group, as a result of both longer life expectancy and declining fertility rates. However, there are some bigger challenges faced by this industry like threat of alternates and substitutes, threat from low cost manufacturers, and increasing demand from an elderly population. The incontinence products market can be segmented as urinary catheters, urine bags, absorbent products, incontinence clamps, incontinence cleaners, skin protection and odor control. Thus, a wide range of products and devices are available in the market a few other products include skin care and hygiene products, catheters and penile sheaths and bed and chair protection. The dynamics of this market reflect institutional care and homecare to be the major end-users of accounting approximately 60% of the global market for incontinence products and the retail market owns remaining 40% of the market.
The emerging economies with a significantly large pool of under-served patients are creating big opportunities in the incontinence market for the leading medical equipment manufacturers. China, the world’s most populated country serves as home to the largest patient base closely followed by India. Growing population will drive the demand for healthcare, consequently resulting in the growth of the incontinence market.
View exclusive Global strategic Business Report : http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=373
Geographically, Western Europe and North America were found to be the leading markets for incontinence products due to rising geriatric population, high prevalence of neurological diseases and increasing demand for home healthcare products. Compare to Western Europe, Eastern Europe has less effect of rise in geriatric population and disease prevalence. The high awareness about health, wellbeing, and high expenditure capacity of patients would indirectly act as a pouring factor for growth of incontinence products in North American and European Market. One of the industry trends observed was the increase in number of healthcare facilities and penetration of modern home healthcare devices in Asia-Pacific region has made it the most potential geographical region for incontinence products market. The increasing density of population in Asian region demands modern healthcare technologies, and accurate diagnostic services concentrated in Asian countries such as China, India, Japan and South Korea. Thus, emerging economies such as China and India ranks were among the key regional markets in the overall Asia Pacific market. Rest of the World is also observed to be the most potential market during the forecast period from 2014 to 2020. The potential economies such as Brazil, South Africa, Argentina and Middle-Eastern Countries have a few countries that are emerging but potential markets for incontinence products market. The technological up gradation in case of geriatric healthcare system is predicted to grow at significant rate in this geography.
Some of the major players dominating this market are Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget SCA, Unicharm Corporation, HARTMANN GROUP, ONTEX International N.V., Hypermarcas SA, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, First Quality Enterprises Inc., Pro Descart Industria e Comercio Ltda, Coloplast A/S, C. R. Bard Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Covidien plc and Medline Industries Inc., and others.