Epilepsy is a chronic brain disorder characterized by sudden and recurrent episodes of seizure. It is one of the most common neurological disorders worldwide, affecting people of all ages. Presently, around 50 million patients are living with Epilepsy Drug worldwide and about 2.4 million new cases are diagnosed annually. Moreover, majority of the epileptic cases are idiopathic, with no identifiable cause. At present, only symptomatic treatment through medication, surgery and implantable devices, is available, but there is no cure for epilepsy. This highlights the untapped market need for better therapeutics which would provide lucrative growth opportunities to industry players.
Rising incidence of neurological disorders, higher incidence of birth related injuries, increasing road traffic injuries, growing disease awareness and rising patient base in developing countries, are the significant factors driving the global antiepileptic drug market. Moreover, increasing R&D investment and launch of extended-release formulations are further expected to fuel the market growth. However, high cost of patented drugs and low accessibility to antiepileptic drugs in low and middle income countries, are likely to restrict the market growth.
Get Free Sample Report Of Epilepsy Drug Market @ http://www.marketresearchstore.com/report/world-epilepsy-drug-market-opportunities-and-forecasts-71723#RequestSample
The global epilepsy drug market is segmented on the basis of drug type and geography. On the basis of drug type, the market is segmented into marketed drugs and pipeline drugs. The market, on the basis of marketed drugs is further segmented into first generation drugs (Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Oxycarbazepine), second generation drugs (Levetiracetam, Lamotrigine, Topiramate) and third generation drugs (Lacosamide, Perampanel, Eslicarbazepine Acetate). Geographically, the market is segmented across four regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and LAMEA.
Collaboration and new product approval are some of the key strategies adopted by leading industry players. In July 2014, Intellimedix entered into research collaboration with Pfizer and The Epilepsy Foundation, for preclinical testing of an experimental drug. Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc., in Nov 2013, got FDA marketing approval for epilepsy drug Aptiom (eslicarbazepine acetate) for treatment of partial seizures.
Have any query? ask our expert @http://www.marketresearchstore.com/report/world-epilepsy-drug-market-opportunities-and-forecasts-71723#InquiryForBuying
The companies profiled in this report include, Pfizer, Inc., Eisai Co., Ltd, Novartis AG, Sanofi S.A., UCB S.A., Abbott Laboratories, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global epilepsy drug market is provided
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the current market and estimations through 20142020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- Extensive analysis of the global epilepsy drug market on the basis of drug type helps in understanding the types of drugs that are currently used along with the variants that would gain prominence in future
- SWOT analysis highlights the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- Region-wise epilepsy drug market conditions are comprehensively analysed in the report
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practises followed by leading market players across geographies
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The global Epilepsy Drug market is segmented below:
Epilepsy Drug Market By Drug Type
- Marketed Drugs
- First Generation Drugs
- Second Generation Drugs
- Third Generation Drugs
- Eslicarbazepine Acetate
- Pipeline Drugs
Epilepsy Drug Market By Geography
- North America