“The Report PharmaPoint: Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023 provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. – MarketResearchReports.biz”
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a retrovirus that infects the cells of the immune system, destroying or impairing their function. As the infection progresses, the immune system becomes increasingly weaker, making the infected person more susceptible to other infections. Since the first anti-HIV drug, GlaxoSmithKlines (GSKs) Retrovir (azidothymidine), was approved in 1987, major improvements have been made in the field of antiretroviral therapy (ART). This rapid progress has been headlined by the emergence of once-daily, single-tablet regimens (STRs) such as Gilead Science’s Atripla (efavirenz/emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate [TDF]), which offer patients an unparalleled level of convenience.
GlobalData projects the global HIV marketplace – which, for the purposes of this report, comprises nine major pharmaceutical markets (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, China) – to experience modest growth during the forecast period. This growth will be driven primarily by the highly anticipated arrivals of novel integrase inhibitor- (INI-) and protease inhibitor- (PI-) based STRs, which include ViiV Healthcares Triumeq (dolutegravir/abacavir/lamivudine), Gileads Quad 2 (elvitegravir/cobicistat/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide fumarate [TAF]), and Gileads and Janssens darunavir/cobicistat/emtricitabine/TAF. Nevertheless, looming patent expiries of high-grossing branded drugs in the US, 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK), and Japan, along with compulsory licensing and generic erosion in Brazil and China, are expected to curtail market growth.
View Report At :http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/487690
Key Questions Answered
– How will the HIV market landscape in the 9MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, Brazil, China) change from 2013-2023?
– What are the most promising late-stage pipeline drugs in HIV?
– How do the clinical and commercial attributes of late-stage pipeline therapies compare with one another, and against existing treatment options?
– What are the unmet needs in HIV treatment management?
– What drivers and barriers will affect HIV therapeutics sales in the 9MM over the forecast period?
– The global HIV therapeutics market was worth approximately $14 billion in 2013, and GlobalData projects this market to reach a total of $15 billion in sales by 2023, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 0.9%. These sales are expected to come predominantly from the US market, as financial austerity measures remain a primary barrier to the growth of the HIV market in the other countries covered in this report.
– Over GlobalDatas 2013-2023 forecast period, the increased uptake of STRs is expected to drive market growth. KOLs interviewed by GlobalData expect that INI-based STRs – led by ViiVs Triumeq and Gileads Quad 2 – will dominate the marketplace for the duration of the forecast period.
– The most notable barriers of growth over the forecast period include patent expiries of key HIV drugs in the seven major markets (7MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan) and compulsory licensing in Brazil and China.
Get the Free Sample copy of this Report @
– Overview of HIV, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current management strategies.
– Topline HIV market revenue from 2013-2023. Annual cost of therapy (ACOT) and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
– Key topics covered include current treatment options, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting HIV therapeutics sales in the 9MM.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline products.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global HIV therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HIV therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the HIV therapeutics market in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/marketresearchreports-biz
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 11
1.1 List of Tables 19
1.2 List of Figures 26
2 Introduction 28
2.1 Catalyst 28
2.2 Related Reports 29
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 29
3 Disease Overview 30
3.1 Etiology 30
3.1.1 Viral Lifecycle 30
3.2 Pathophysiology 33
3.3 Staging and Symptoms 34
3.3.1 Primary or Acute Infection 34
3.3.2 Chronic Infection 35
3.3.3 Advanced Infection/AIDS 35
3.4 Prognosis 37
3.5 Quality of Life 37
4 Epidemiology 39
4.1 Disease Background 39
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 39
4.3 Global Trends 41
4.3.1 US 42
4.3.2 5EU 42
4.3.3 Brazil, China, and Japan 43
4.4 Forecast Methodology 44
4.4.1 Sources Used 45
4.4.2 Sources Not Used 55
4.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 56
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast for HIV in the 8MM (2013-2023) 62
4.5.1 Total Prevalent Cases of HIV 62
4.5.2 Age-Specific Total Prevalent Cases of HIV 64
4.5.3 Sex-Specific Total Prevalent Cases of HIV 66
4.5.4 Age-Standardized Total Prevalence of HIV 68
4.5.5 HIV Cases Treated with ART 69
4.5.6 Cases of HIV in Pregnant Women 70
4.6 Epidemiological Forecast for HIV in Japan (2013-2023) 71
4.6.1 20-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV 71
4.6.2 Age-Specific 20-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV 72
4.6.3 Sex-Specific 20-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of HIV 73
4.6.4 Age-Standardized 20-Year Diagnosed Prevalence of HIV 74
4.6.5 HIV Cases Treated with ART 75
4.6.6 Cases of HIV in Pregnant Women 76
4.7 Discussion 76
4.7.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 76
4.7.2 Limitations of the Analysis 77
4.7.3 Strengths of the Analysis 78
5 Disease Management 79
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA: Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948