“The Report PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 – Event-Driven Update provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. – MarketResearchReports.biz”
The US presages the slow uptake of these products in this market, which could limit their availability, and consequently, inhibit the growth of the UC market.
Another key event affecting the UC market is the anticipated launch of biosimilars, given that the patent expiry of the UC blockbusters, Remicade and Humira are set to expire in the US in 2018 and 2016, respectively.
Overall, major barriers to the growth of the UC market include –
– Remicade and Humira losing patent protection in the mid-forecast
– Austerity measures favoring generic prescribing
– Biosimilars are predicted to face low uptake due to the lack of regulatory guidelines in some markets, such as the US
View Report At :http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/235638
Key Questions Answered
– How will the UC market (sales and patient numbers) evolve over the 10-year forecast period from 2012 to 2022?
– How will the launch of the first-in-class Entyvio change the landscape of the UC market?
– Which brands and specific drug classes did physicians select for their UC patients in 2012 and how do they foresee their prescribing behavior evolving over the next five years?
– How will the launch of late-stage pipeline therapies such as etrolizumab and Kappaproct shape the future treatment landscape?
– What are the remaining unmet needs and opportunities for drug developers within the UC market?
– The UC market has predominantly been driven by two TNF blockers, namely J&Js Remicade and AbbVies Humira. Although these TNF blockers have monopolized the UC market for almost a decade, the balance is about to be tipped, with Takedas Entyvio and J&Js Simponi launch in 2014, stealing market share from Humira and Remicade.
– Remicade and Humira will also be hit by their respective loss of patent protection in 2018 (US), 2015 (EU) and 2016 (US), 2018 (EU). Europe has already approved a biosimilar to Remicade, Celltrions Remsima, which will be marketed by Hospira under the brand name Inflectra in the EU. Due to lack of regulatory guidelines and the current debate about indication extrapolation for biosimilars based on a clinical trial in one indication, initial biosimilar uptake will be low, but by the end of the forecast period, in 2022 infliximab, adalimumab and golimumab biosimilars are forecast to become an established part of the UC market.
– During the coming decade, Europe is expecting the approval and launch of a UC colectomy rescue therapy, InDex Pharmaceuticals Kappaproct. Kappaproct is targeting a small patient population group, but due to the involvement of key gastroenterologists in the development of this therapy, it will likely be welcomed for use in this new treatment setting, which has never been addressed before by a pharmaceutical product. In addition, Pfizers Xeljanz is expected to face low uptake post its estimated launch in 2017, owing to the controversy surrounding its rejection by the EMA for its primary indication, rheumatoid arthritis.
Download Sample copy of this Report at: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/235638
Overview of UC, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current treatment options.
– Annualized UC therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2012 to 2022.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, and implications for the UC therapeutics markets.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late stage pipeline drugs.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global UC therapeutics markets. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
– Develop and design in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global UC therapeutics markets.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global UC therapeutics markets in the future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global UC therapeutics markets from 2012-2022.
– Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 9
1.1 List of Tables 17
1.2 List of Figures 23
2 Introduction 25
2.1 Catalyst 25
2.2 Related Reports 26
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 26
3 Disease Overview 27
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 27
3.1.1 Etiology 27
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 29
3.2 Symptoms 31
3.2.1 Quality of Life 32
4 Epidemiology 33
4.1 Disease Background 33
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 34
4.2.1 Being Caucasian and Jewish can increase the risk of UC by almost 37 times 35
4.2.2 A family history of UC in first-degree relatives can increase the risk of the disease by almost three-fold 35
4.2.3 Current smokers have a lower risk of developing UC than former smokers or never smokers 36
4.3 Global Trends 37
4.3.1 US 38
4.3.2 5EU 40
4.3.3 Japan 43
4.3.4 Canada 44
4.3.5 China 46
4.3.6 India 48
4.4 Forecast Methodology 48
4.4.1 Sources Used 51
4.4.2 Sources Not Used 57
4.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 57
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast of UC (2012-2022) 63
4.5.1 Incident Cases of UC 63
4.5.2 Age-Specific Incident Cases of UC 65
4.5.3 Sex-Specific Incident Cases of UC 67
4.5.4 Age-Standardized Incidence Rates 68
4.6 Epidemiological Forecast for UC Prevalent Cases (2012-2022) 69
4.6.1 Prevalent Cases of UC 69
4.6.2 Age-Specific Prevalent Cases of UC 71
4.6.3 Sex-Specific Prevalent Cases of UC 73
4.6.4 Age-Standardized Prevalence Rate of UC in All Markets 75
4.7 Discussion 76
4.7.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 76
4.7.2 Limitations of the Analysis 77
4.7.3 Strengths of the Analysis 78
5 Disease Management 79
5.1 Diagnosis and Treatment Overview 79
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/marketresearchreports-biz
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207