“The Report PharmaPoint: Glaucoma – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023 provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. – MarketResearchReports.biz”
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is an inflammatory autoimmune disease of the central nervous system which leads to neurological disability. The exact underlying cause of the disease is poorly understood; however, it appears to involve a complex combination of genetic susceptibility and a non-genetic trigger. The MS therapeutics market has entered an exciting phase, with an upsurge of available treatment options. Over the forecast period, patients are expected to continue to switch to the oral disease-modifying therapies (DMTs), lessening the stronghold of the established injectable treatments. There are also several promising products in the late-stage pipeline, with a diverse range of mechanisms offering clinical advantages intended to address unmet needs. Both pipeline and marketed DMTs are seeking approval for the treatment of progressive MS, which currently represents a significant unmet need. These factors are expected to increase treatment rates throughout the 10MM resulting, driving market growth. However, this will be largely offset by brand erosion due to the emergence of biosimilars and generic small molecules.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of preventable blindness globally. This chronic progressive optic neuropathy causes irreversible vision loss through damage to the optic nerve. There are currently no treatments that can directly prevent this damage, and all commercially available glaucoma therapies focus on lowering elevated intraocular pressure (IOP), a known risk factor for glaucoma development and progression. The launch of fixed-dose combination (FDC) products, which combine drugs from these various classes, will continue to be a source of significant growth in this market. The glaucoma market is about to enter a phase of new growth with the arrival of first-in-class drugs, such as Aeries Rhopressa, Bausch & Lombs Vesneo (latanoprost bunod), and Inoteks trabodenoson into the 7MM during the forecast period, which will generate additional growth in the global glaucoma market.
View Report At :http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/analysis/318824
Key Questions Answered
– The glaucoma market has been dominated by prostaglandin analogue (PGA) drugs in the last decade. New classes of drugs are anticipated the reach the market within the forecast period. How will these change the position the PGA drugs hold during the forecast period? Will these drugs maintain their market dominance in 2023?
– The current late stage glaucoma pipeline is varied, with first-in-class drugs in development with innovative modes of action. Which of these will have the biggest impact on the market? What strategies are developers undertaking to penetrate this crowded and highly generic market? Will these fulfil any unmet needs?
– Population aging is occurring in almost all countries worldwide, particularly in the 7MM. This is expected to have a significant impact on the prevalence of age-related diseases such as glaucoma. How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future market?
– The main driver of growth in the glaucoma market will be the introduction of first-in-class drugs over the forecast period. The launch of three first-in-class therapies will grow this market. New fixed-dose drugs entering the 7MM will also act as a stimulant for growth.
– The biggest barrier for growth in the glaucoma market will be the increasing use of generic latanoprost across the 7MM. The low cost of this therapy will increase the pressure on new drugs hoping to enter these markets to show drug cost-effectivness. This is likely to have a negative impact on these markets, as regulatory bodies are adopting stricter criterial for new drug approvals and reimbursement listing.
– The largest unmet needs mainly reflect the notorious problem of poor patient adherence to therapy. Simplifying dosing regimens is an important consideration for companies developing drugs to treat these patients.
Download Sample copy of this Report at: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/318824
– Overview of glaucoma, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
– Annualized Glaucoma market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2013 and forecast for ten years to 2023.
– Key topics covered include market characterization, unmet needs, R&D and clinical trials assessment, late stage clinical trial analysis and implications for the glaucoma therapeutics market.
– Pipeline analysis: focus on the eight late-stage pipeline glaucoma drugs discussing emerging trends as well as overview of earlier phase drugs.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global glaucoma therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global glaucoma therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global glaucoma therapeutics market in future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global glaucoma therapeutics market from 2013-2023.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships .
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 10
1.1 List of Tables 17
1.2 List of Figures 23
2 Introduction 25
2.1 Catalyst 25
2.2 Related Reports 26
3 Disease Overview 27
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 27
3.1.1 Etiology 27
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 28
3.2 Classification 29
3.2.1 Relapse-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis 29
3.2.2 Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis 30
3.2.3 Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis 30
3.2.4 Progressive Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis 30
3.3 Symptoms 31
3.4 Prognosis 32
3.5 Quality of Life 33
4 Epidemiology 34
4.1 Disease Background 34
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 35
4.2.1 Family members of MS patients have a 1-5% risk of developing MS 36
4.2.2 Women are twice as likely to develop MS, but men have a worse prognosis 37
4.2.3 Caucasians have a higher risk of MS than any other race/ethnicity 37
4.2.4 Protective effect of vitamin D on MS may relate to latitude and month of birth 37
4.2.5 Timing of environmental exposures affects MS risk 38
4.2.6 Exposure to smoking may increase MS risk and worsen prognosis 38
4.2.7 Autoimmune Disease Comorbidities of MS 39
4.2.8 Mental comorbidities are found in up to 60% of MS patients and may affect relapse rates 39
4.3 Global Trends 40
4.3.1 North America 40
4.3.2 Europe 41
4.3.3 Asia 41
4.4 Forecast Methodology 42
4.4.1 Sources Used 45
4.4.2 Sources Not Used 51
4.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 51
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast of Multiple Sclerosis (2014-2024) 58
4.5.1 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of MS 58
4.5.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of MS 60
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/marketresearchreports-biz
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207