ResearchMoz added Latest Research Report titled ” Global Ophthalmology Drugs Market to 2022-Angiogenesis Modulators and Gene Therapies to Boost Overall Revenue within the Forecast Period ” to it’s Large Report database.
Ophthalmology is a therapy area that deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases associated with the eyes and visual system. Most eye disorders occur over a long period of time, and are initially asymptomatic or cause only a slight decrease in vision. However, over time this becomes quite marked. Ophthalmologic disorders cannot currently be cured, and treatment is aimed at managing the disease indication in order to reduce the severity of symptoms and slow progression.
Angiogenesis inhibitors are the most effective and most common therapies used in ophthalmology; this class of compounds has been the most commercially successful in the past decade, with products such as Eylea and Lucentis generating strong annual revenues. Although there are many generics available across the majority of ophthalmology disorders, there are a number of premium products that attract substantial revenues – in particular Eylea, Lucentis, Lumigan and Restasis. The report focuses on five key indications within ophthalmology: glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration (AMD), diabetic macular edema, diabetic retinopathy and dry eye syndrome. There are currently no therapeutic options available for the treatment of dry AMD, increasing the need for extensive R&D within this area.
Browse Market info, get a Sample PDF with TOC: http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=799448
Although there is a high degree of failure and uncertainty within the R&D of ophthalmology drugs, the number of drugs in the pipeline is very high, at 734. The majority of pipeline products are novel active pharmaceutical ingredients, with only a small proportion of products being either generics or repositioned from other indications. This shows progression in terms of the variety of different molecules being developed as therapeutic agents within the ophthalmology pipeline. The expected growth of the ophthalmology market over the forecast period is attributed to the approval of new drugs, as well as rising prevalence.
– Global revenues for the ophthalmology market are forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 9.48%, from $13.7 billion in 2015 to $26 billion in 2022. Which drugs will achieve blockbuster status and how will the key player companies perform during the forecast period?
– The ophthalmology pipeline is large and diverse, and contains 734 products. How does the composition of the pipeline compare with that of the existing market?
– What mechanisms of action and molecule types are most commonly being trialed in pipeline products in the various key indications?
– Which products will contribute to market growth most significantly, and which will achieve blockbuster status?
– Will the current market leaders retain their dominance over the forecast period, and how is their revenue share of the dermatology market set to change?
Reasons To Buy
This report will allow you to:
– Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape by considering disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis, and the treatment options available at each stage of diagnosis
– Visualize the composition of the ophthalmology market across each indication, in terms of dominant molecule types and targets, highlighting the key commercial assets and players
– Analyze the ophthalmology pipeline and stratify by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target, with a granular breakdown across key indications
– Understand the growth in patient epidemiology and market revenues for the ophthalmology market, globally and across the key players and product types
– Stratify the market in terms of the split between generic and premium products, and assess the role of these product types in the treatment of the various ophthalmology disorders.
– Identify commercial opportunities in the urological cancer deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals
ResearchMoz is the world’s fastest growing collection of market research reports worldwide. Our database is composed of current market studies from over 100 featured publishers worldwide. Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives. ResearchMoz’s service portfolio also includes value-added services such as market research customization, competitive landscaping, and in-depth surveys, delivered by a team of experienced Research Coordinators.