JustRight Surgical out of Louisville, Colorado won FDA clearance for the firm’s 3mm JustRight Vessel Sealing System for use during surgeries on pediatric patients. The company is claiming that this is the first time the FDA cleared an electrosurgical device just for peds. It was developed to address the issue of surgeons using tools designed for adult-sized anatomy when operating on children.
The device features a curved Maryland-style jaw design and dual action that gives more control to the surgeon.
- 1 mm or less of thermal tissue damage
- 3 mm shaft diameter minimizes the size of the access ports
- 4 times smaller than any other existing sealing instrument, the diminutive design is ideal for fine procedures where access is limited, visibility is reduced and precision is essential
- 10 mm curved Maryland-style jaw is scaled to precisely grasp and dissect tissue bundles and fine structures
- 20 cm length has been optimized for comfort & surgical technique in both laparoscopic and open surgery
Product page: JustRight Surgical Vessel Sealing System…
Source: JustRight Surgical…