Acclarent, a J&J firm, is releasing in the U.S. its RELIEVA SCOUT multi-sinus dilation system, a balloon sinuplasty device for widening the sinus openings in people with chronic sinusitis.
The device uses a flexible balloon that reaches a bit further out from the tip to be able to get deeper into the anatomy.
The RELIEVA SCOUT® Multi-Sinus Dilation System provides a seeker-like tip for those surgeons who prefer a rigid probe and greater tactile feedback, but has the added option of a flexible balloon that extends beyond the tip for greater reach into targeted anatomy.
SMS enables simple access to the Sphenoid, Frontal and Maxillary sinuses with a shapeable tip bent using a lever-action angle selection tool.
- SMS offers both tactile feedback with a rigid tip and atraumatic sinus access with an extendable, over-the-wire balloon.
- SMS provides greater reach with a balloon that extends beyond the profile of the rigid probe, allowing surgeon to reach additional targeted anatomy.
- SMS enables multi-sinus access with a shapeable tip.
- SMS unites:
– A low-profile, seeker-like tip to access tight anatomy and palpate tissue
– An extendable, illuminated ball tip for atraumatic sinus access and pinpoint, transcutaneous confirmation
– A 6x24mm balloon to dilate complete ostium and outflow tracks