Nikkiso, a Japanese firm, is announcing FDA clearance and U.S. rollout of its DBB-06 Hemodialysis System. The company is a new name in this industry in the U.S., but Nikkiso is actually the world’s second largest maker of dialysis equipment with plans to expand in America.
The DBB-06 device features a Blood Volume Monitor that helps to estimate patients’ hydration levels.
It’s controlled via a large touchscreen display and can be programmed to store presets for individual patients, avoiding the need to do the full setup during every dialysis session.
Some of the system’s other features according to the original announcement:
- A full range of features, such as ultrafiltration profiling, ultrapure dialysate, patient blood pressure monitoring
- Enhanced automation, with programmed self-test/extracorporeal circuit priming and automatic disinfection and decalcification, saving time
- Data connection to the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Exceptional quality and reliability
- The Dialysis Dose Monitor to assist the care provider in real-time to ensure an adequate treatment for the patient
- Safety features, including a battery backup system in the case of power failure and continuous monitoring of the fluid removal system
- Extremely quiet operation
Product page: DBB-06…
Source: Nikkiso America…