Greyfalcon Healthcare, a company based in Bangalore, India, has released its first product, the Android-powered Nephotron dialyzer reprocessing system. It processes two dialyzers within about ten minutes and is controlled using the top-mounted 7″ Android tablet that talks to the machine via Bluetooth wireless. The same tablet can be used to scan the serial number and barcode on the dialyzer and save for easy tracking.
The Nephotron rinses, cleans, and tests the membrane and blood compartment prior to filling it the container with the sterilant.
It has a CE Mark and is now available in India and the Asia-Pacific region.
Features according to the product page:
- High Speed Reprocessing : Automated Reprocessing for single or dual units of all standard dialyzers. Safe for cellulose based and synthetic membranes.
- Quality Checks: After cleaning each unit, the system performs an automated tests on dialyzer, a pressure test and blood volume test. The pressure test checks for any holes in the dialyzer. The blood volume test
- ensures that the dialyzer’s capacity is above 80% of the dialyzer’s stated size.
- Sanitize machine : The system supports automated disinfection using RO water, Citric acid, cold sterilant and bleach.
- High Definition User Experience : Operating device with Rich UI, Android™ powered Tablet for user input.
- Ultra Hygienic : Operate the machine over Bluetooth (BLE) from an acceptable distance for ultra hygienic experience also reduces exposure to chemicals.
- Print and email reports over WiFi: Reprocess status report of each dialyzer is maintained in a report in xls format, these reports can be print on standard printers over WiFi or email to registered email ID .
- Bar code scan : Maintain dialyzer serial numbers in the reprocessing report manually or scan the barcode using in-built Barcode scanner app in Android tablet.
- Error status and alarm : Progress and error states are displayed over high resolution OLED Display on the system and Android UI. Also, electronic buzzer generates different alarm tones to notify the hospital staff about system status.
- Easy calibration methods : The device parameters for max/min water pressure, chemical concentration to use and bundle volume can be calibrated through user application.
Product page: Nephrotron…