SunTech Medical and AtCor Medical won clearance from the FDA for the Oscar 2 with SphygmoCor Inside, an ambulatory blood pressure monitor the two companies developed together. The device offers noninvasive measurement of central arterial pressure waveforms, central aortic blood pressures, and arterial stiffness indices. The data is collected continuously over a period of up to 24 hours, and is intended for both clinical use as well as for research studies.
The device employs a sort of signal stabilization, correcting for noise due to patient movement throughout the day.
Features according to the product page:
- SphygmoCor Inside: With over 800 published studies, including validation in exercise, AtCor’s SphygmoCor technology is simply the gold standard in central BP
- SunTech Motion Tolerance: Save time and money with fewer failed readings and less repeated studies from the company that made automated BP during emergency transport and treadmill testing possible
- Patented Orbit ABPM Cuffs: Form-fitting sleeve design secures accurate cuff position throughout the study, insuring consistently accurate readings
- Patented Sub-Diastolic Waveform Measurement: Delivering a fully-featured physiological waveform with accurate augmentation index in all patients 18 and over
- AccuWin Pro 4 software: Efficient programming and analysis with advanced options provide powerful flexibility, so you get every data point.
- Clinical Validations: Independently tested to meet the accuracy and performance requirements of the BHS, ESH and AAMI:SP10
Product page: Oscar 2 with SphygmoCor Inside…
Source: SunTech Medical…