Last week at the European Congress of Radiology, Hitachi Aloka showed off its new ARIETTA V70 ultrasound with advanced elastography capabilities. The system features Shear Wave Measurement (SWM) and Real-time Tissue Elastography (RTE) functions.
The first measures shear wave propagation velocity, and also displays how reliable the measurement is at the time. It does multiple measurements automatically with the aim of having more consistent results and successful examinations on the first try. The RTE function uses strain elastography to measure how stiff tissue is under the transducer.
The technologies are particularly useful for breast examinations and may find themselves used more often for liver exams as well.
Some of the other features on th ARIETTA V70 according to the product page:
- Multi-Layered and Single Crystal technologies allow more efficient transmission and reception of the ultrasound pulse with minimal energy loss, increasing both the sensitivity and clarity of the images
- New front-end technology: the Compound Pulsed Wave Generator (CPWG+) uses an efficient programmable transmission waveform to generate pulses with high sensitivity and resolution.
- PIXEL Focusing for increased precision and clear delineation of the region of interest.
- The ultrasound-specific high performance processor, Ultra Backend, performs powerful processing such as HI-REZ+.
- With a high contrast ratio and wide viewing angle, the IPS-Pro monitor gives a rich representation of the displayed image.
Product page: ARIETTA V70…
Source: Hitachi Aloka…