SentreHEART out of Redwood City, California obtained the CE Mark in Europe to introduce the LARIAT Surgical left atrial appendage (LAA) suture delivery device. The device allows for relatively easy placement of a 50 mm pre-tied suture loop in open cardiac procedures and through narrow incisions down to 5 mm.
While it’s designed for LAA closure procedures, the device can be used in other cases where convenient and consistent suturing of soft tissue is important. It’s used to place the polyester suture snare in position using fluoroscopy and, once confirmed, the device is activated to deploy the suture. Following the suturing, the device is removed and the site is left without any clips or other metal remaining.
From the product page:
- Precise, user-controlled remote delivery of a 40mm pre-tied suture loop through access of 4.3mm or greater.
- Highly secure Meltzer knot tightened with TensureTM Suture Tightener for confidence in closure.
- Collapsible snare retains suture until ready to deploy – open and close as needed to confirm placement without suture release.
- Compatible with a wide range of anatomical shapes and sizes up to 40mm in width, 20mm in height and 70mm in length.
- The LARIAT leaves only a small remnant of “0” braided polyester suture behind.
Product page: LARIAT Suture Delivery Device…