Boston Scientific just unveiled its Captivator EMR device for use in endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) procedures. An option over esophagectomies, EMR offers staging and removal of cancerous and pre-cancerous tissue due to Barrett’s Esophagus with the patient free to go home the same day.
The Captivator EMR was designed for work within the upper GI tract, featuring a 360° peripheral view of the working area and an easy to use channel for introducing tools such as hemostatic devices. It also comes with a dedicated pathology kit for easy handling of harvested tissue samples.
The system is being made available in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, Australia, and Puerto Rico.
Features according to the product page:
- Access Port – allows passability of 7Fr tools with device in place (Interject Needle / Resolution Clip)
- Handle – designed with tactile and audible feedback to signal when a band has deployed
- Captivator Snare – stiff snare and band design provbides ability to snare where desired (above or below the band)
- Band Ligator Cap – designed to achieve 360 degree peripheral viewing without obstructions due to the ligator bands
- Pathology Kit – included for histological processing of retrieved tissue samples which may allow for better specimen handling
Product page: Captivator EMR…
Source: Boston Scientific…