Samsung‘s NeuroLogica division won FDA clearance and is releasing a new ceiling mounted digital X-ray system to the US market. The Samsung GC85A was designed with ease of use and intuitive controls in mind, featuring a remote control that can be used to adjust the system from anywhere within the room. This allows the operator to help the patient take the right pose while adjusting the aim of the X-ray tube. Pretty much everything is done by pressing one button or another, with little physical effort needed by clinicians to perform exams.
Some of the features Samsung is touting in the new GC85A
- S-Vue imaging engine – provides dependable and accurate diagnoses in various conditions with reliably clear images, enhanced sharpness and clarity, and adjustable contrast presets.
Wireless, lightweight S-Detector with high DQE and a portable grid – displays the patient’s body structure clearly and easily without increasing dose.
- Smart Control – enables the operator to precisely position the entire system with one touch of the control panel’s buttons. The user can move a motorized, tilting receptor with a remote control from -20 to 90 degrees to various areas such as skulls or hands with no need for a table.
- S-Align –provides precise alignment for exceptional imaging. S-Align displays the detector’s angle to the THU to enhance image quality during free exams. When the THU and detector are within a certain radius, the angle can be automatically fitted.
- Smart Stitching – eliminates the need for the patient to stand for long periods of consecutive shooting. Plus, a stitched image supports diagnostic clarity more than separated images.
- S-Share Compatibility – S-Detectors are compatible with Samsung DR Systems, so when a detector is discharged, it can be used with detectors from other compatible Samsung DR equipment. Various detector configurations support unique clinical needs and continuous care.
Product page: Ceiling Digital X-ray GC85A…