Nonin is releasing its new NoninConnect Model 3230 Bluetooth Smart wireless finger pulse oximeter in markets outside the U.S. The device comes with a matching iOS app that can be used to watch the output of the oximeter in real time and to send the readings to your physician at any time.
The device is meant for both physicians to use at the office and patients who want to track their blood oxygenation at home. Having wireless connectivity allows the physician to snap the device onto a patient’s finger and simply look at the iPhone or iPad screen to monitor the readout, letting the patient sit in a comfortable position.
Some of the system features according to Nonin:
- An easy-to-read, large, clear user-facing display
- A long battery life – allows for up to 2,200 spot checks on two AAA batteries
- Simplified wireless pairing to Bluetooth® Smart Ready Apple® iOS® devices
- Nonin CorrectCheck™ Finger Placement Technology, which provides feedback via a digital display if user’s finger is not placed correctly in the device
- Nonin SmartPoint™ Capture and Send Technology, which automatically determines when a high-quality measurement is ready to be wirelessly transmitted
Nonin touts its PureSAT technology that filters the signal “pulse-by-pulse” to produce accurate results in patients with an unusual pulse or other conditions that can make optical sensing of blood oxygenation a challenge.
Product page: NoninConnect Model 3230…
iTunes link: NoninConnect app…
Source: Nonin Medical…